Chapter Thirty Eight - Dwarf

The siblings along with Penny wondered through Narnia staying close to the shore. They honestly didn't know where to even begin to look. They were jut secretly hoping they could find some type of clue somewhere around here. Suddenly they all noticed a little boat with 3 occupants in it. They moved closer wondering what it was when they saw 2 soldiers and what looked like a dwarf. The dwarf had been bound and they lifted him up read to throw him over board. Susan went into action not wanting a fellow Narnian to be killed, not on her watch. She released an arrow into the boat catching their attention.

"Drop him!" Susan ordered loudly. The soldiers looked at each other before throwing the dwarf over board. Susan and Penny, who had taken out her bow and notched an arrow, both took care of the soldiers. Each of them firing one arrow into their chests killing them. Peter and Edmund quickly go into the water, Peter goes after the dwarf while Ed takes care of the boat pulling it to shore. Peter drags the dwarf onto the shore where Lucy cut his bounds releasing him.

"Drop him?!" The dwarf exclaimed after taking off his gag. "That's the best you can come up with?" He asked glaring at Susan.

"A simple thank you would suffice" Susan snapped a little offended that he didn't appreciate her help.

"They were doing fine drowning me without your help" He said grumpily.

"Maybe we should have let them" Peter said his patience wearing thin.

"Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy questioned confused.

"They're Telmarines. That's what they do" He said and they all looked at each other confused and worried.

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Edmund questioned beyond confused.

"Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" He asked them and Peter looked at him his eyes slightly widening. Few hundred years? He thought to himself. Guilt over took him but he didn't dare show it, he had to be strong for everyone else but inside he desperately wanted to end this conversation and move on to find Elizabeth and his children.

"It's a bit of a long story" Lucy said innocently. Susan hands Peter his sword back as Edmund takes Penny's hand back in his. She smiled at him and leaned against him despite him being soaking wet.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me. You're it?" He asked looking at them. "You're the kings an queens of old?" He asked them.

"High King Peter, the Magnificent" He introduced himself holding his hand out for him.

"You probably could have left out the last bit" Susan said irritating Peter more than he already was and the dwarf chuckling didn't help his temper.

"Probably" He agreed with Susan and Peter unshielded his sword.

"You might be surprised" He said and the dwarf looked at him sensing a challenge.

"Oh, you don't want to do that boy" He said but Peter looked to his brother.

"Not me, him" He said making Edmund look up. He stepped away from Penny who let him go nervously. She knew he could very well take care of himself but that didn't stop her from worrying. It's been a year since he last picked up a sword and she didn't know how rusty he really was. Peter gave the dwarf his sword before getting out of the way as Edmund draws his.

The dwarf pretends the sword is to heavy but it doesn't fool any of them. The dwarf the attacked Edmund quickly forcing Ed to be on defense. Ed blocks and continues to dodge until the dwarf hits him in the face making Edmund stumble.

"Edmund" Penny said nervously going to stop the fight but Peter grabbed her arm gently having faith in his brother.

"Aw, you alright?" He asked tauntingly as they circled each other. Ed jumps over the dwarfs sword and was able to put the dwarf on defense and quickly disarmed him making the dwarf's eyes widen in realization that they were truly the Kings and Queens of old.

"Maybe that horn worked after all" The dwarf muttered and they all looked at Susan.

"What horn?" She questioned but knew what he was talking about.

"Narnians, are there more?" Peter questioned and the dwarf nodded.

"Yes, I know general area of where they are. I can get you there but they'll find us before we find them" He said.

"And Queen Elizabeth? Does she still live?" Penny questioned quickly and hopefully.

"I don't know, but I heard she escaped when they attacked Cair Paravel. If she still lives I don't know. I'd imagine they'd want to keep her hidden and safe. There's been rumors of her and so called sightings but no one's really seen her" He said and they all looked at each other.

"You can take us to them?" Peter questioned but it sounded more of a statement than anything.

"Yes, yes I can" He said and Peter nodded taking his sword back.

"Then lets go, we've wasted enough time here" He said and they all started to move towards the boat hoping they didn't come to late.