Chapter Twenty Three - Penny's Return

"We should go" Susan whispered to her sister quietly. They both were tired not having been able to sleep the entire night

"I'm so cold" Lucy whispered and Susan pulled her to her side in an attempt to keep the both warm. As they walked away they head a large noise. "Susan!" Lucy yelled making her turn as they looked at the stone table. It had cracked in half and Aslan was gone. Soon though, he appeared alive and well. They both smiled widely as they ran to him.

"Aslan!" They both yelled hugging him tightly. Aslan chuckled slightly hugging them both back.

"We saw the Witch, the knife" Susan said and Aslan nodded looking back at the table.

"If the Witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the Deep Magic a little differently. For she would know that if a willing victim who had committed no treachery died in a traitors stead, the Stone Table would crack and death itself would begin to unwind" Aslan told them as they all looked at the broken table.

"We sent the word that you were dead. Peter, Elizabeth and Edmund would have gone to war" Susan said and Lucy took her knife out.

"We have to help them" Lucy said. Aslan smiled at her eagerness and pushed her hand down gently.

"We will but not alone. Now, climb on my back. We have a long ways to go and little time to get there and you might want to cover your ears" He said before roaring loudly. After roaring he took off running in a direction that the girls did not know. Aslan took strides as long as he could trying to cover as much distance as he possibly could knowing time was running out. In no time they arrived at Jadis's castle where there was no one guarding it as everyone was in battle. They walked in, Susan and Lucy getting off of Aslan.

They walked into the room where all the stone statues were. Lucy went straight to Mr. Tumnus and she began to cry as Susan comforted her. Aslan walked over to Mr. Tumnus and let out a breath bringing him back to life. He walked away as Susan and Lucy stayed with Mr. Tumnus. He was in search of someone specific although he was here for everyone. As he walked by he brought back to life everyone he could find.

He then came up to a familiar young girl. He looked at her, she was so peaceful. She was the first to suffer from the Witch. She had no idea what she could do, no one at the time knew what Jadis could do. He wasted no more time and brought her back to life watching at she came back to him. She fell but he quickly caught her.

Penny slowly opened her eyes as she felt something soft below her. Her eyes focused back as she stood up on her own and smiled at Aslan. He smiled back and she hugged him tightly.

"Aslan" She whispered. "What happened? Where a I?" She asked pulling away.

"Unfortunately dear one, I cannot answer your questions. I can only tell you what you need to know" Penny looked at him confused but nodded letting him speak. "You've been frozen for over 100 years" Her eyes widened widely as she looked at him in utter shock. "Your sister, Elizabeth is at war against your sister Jadis. I'm here to free everyone else that was like you and give her the help she needs as she is out numbered" Penny nodded quickly.

"We need to hurry then, we need to get her reinforcement" Penny said getting down to business and Aslan agreed.

"Look around, see if you can't find something to fight with, we leave in a few minutes" Aslan said and she nodded as they separated. Penny then found a sword and strapped it around her waist.

"Hello, I'm Lucy" She looked at the child with wide eyes shocked, yet again. A human, in Narnia? Besides her and her family. "This is my sister Susan, our brothers are with your sister in the war" Penny smiled nodding.

"It's so nice to meet you Lucy, I'm Penny" She introduced herself. They all searched the castle freeing everyone they could find before leaving. They all took off towards where the battle was at high speed trying to get there as soon as possible. They hoped that they weren't to late.