Chapter Twenty Two - For Aslan

Edmund and Peter stood side by side as they listened to the Dryad and her message. All she did was confirm what Elizabeth had told Peter earlier in the day. Aslan, was in fact, dead. Edmund glanced at peter noticing how much stress this put on him. Peter walks away after the message ends and finds Oreius and Elizabeth. Edmund follows him closely as he stops around the table which held the map of Narnia. Elizabeth and Oreius were discussing battle strategies and what the best action to take was.

When the two boys approached the Queen and Oreius they stopped talking about the battle and looked at the two of them. Elizabeth looked at their faces and knew they were sad and Peter looked beyond stressed. She had a hunch that they finally believed Aslan was dead but she didn't dare ask.

"It is true" Peter said sadly. "He's gone" He added not looking at Elizabeth not knowing how she would react when she found out he didn't believe her. She didn't care though, all that mattered was the battle coming in the near future.

"Then you'll have to lead us, right besides Elizabeth" Edmund told him and Peter looked up. "There's a whole army out there waiting to follow the two of you." Edmund told Peter and glanced at Elizabeth. The thought of leading an army did not phase Elizabeth like it scared Peter. This would not be the first nor the last time she would lead an army. But if Peter is to be King and if he is going to stay then he must learn to lead an army, he must gain confidence.

"I can't" Peter said and Elizabeth just looked at him when he looked at her for comfort.

"Aslan believed you could, and so do I" Edmund said and Peter looked at him. He looked down before looking at Elizabeth who gave him a nod letting him know she believed in him. Oreius looked at Elizabeth wondering who was calling the shots, her or Peter. She nodded to Peter letting him take control of this battle. Of course if he did something wrong or something she didn't like then she would step in but unless that happened it was his time.

"What are your orders?" Oreius questioned. Peter took a deep breath walking closer to the table and told everyone what he was thinking. Oreius and Elizabeth gave him tips but let it be his decision unless it was just terrible then Elizabeth shut him down and told everyone how it was going to happen.

When the plan was thoroughly thought out and planned they went their separate ways to get ready, to prepare. Elizabeth went back to her tent grabbing her weapons before grabbing her sword. She took it out and looked at it. She could see her reflection in it and took a deep breath before letting it out slowly. She knew that this was the sword that would kill her sister, Jadis. She looked at the sword before shielding it and strapping it around her waist.

She then walked out of the tent and walked towards where her horse was, all ready for battle. She smiled at him rubbing his forehead before swinging her way up grabbing onto the reins as he started to move. The army was all lined up and ready to go. She made her way to the front going onto Peters left as Oreius was on his right. Peter looked at her nervously and she smiled nodding to him.

They then made their way to the battle field. The took their places on the rocky terrain and waited on Jadis and her people to show up. Elizabeth sent one of the griffons out as a scout. As he flew away as could only think of Lance, once she thought of Lance she thought of the rest of her family. This time she did not mourn, she did not weep. She grew angry at Jadis and wanted to end her, she wanted to get rid of her after all of these years. It wasn't long until the griffon returned with news.

"They come, your highness, in numbers and weapons far greater then our own" He told her and she could just feel the nervousness in Peter before she looked at him.

"Numbers do not win a battle" Oreius said and Elizabeth agreed. She has won battles when the odds were not in her favor.

"No, but I bet they help" He said looking forward seeing Jadis coming towards them with large numbers just as the griffon had said. Behind them their army roared with energy as Peter took his sword out and held it forward. It wasn't long until she looked forwards seeing Jadis's army rushing towards them.

"Are you with me?" Peter asked looking at Oreius and Elizabeth.

"To the death" They both said at the same time. He nodded before pushing down his face mask. Elizabeth then took out her sword making her army eve more anxious to go.

"For Narnia!!! And for Aslan!!"