Chapter 3

The next morning.

Jade was walking on the sidewalk through a crowd of people the air was chilly as she tried to quickly walk into her favorite coffee shop. Once she stepped inside she could feel the warmth of the place fill her body even though her black jacket.

She inhaled the strong coffee aroma in the air as she made her way to the barista that was standing behind the order counter.

"What can I get you they said with a smile on their face.

"A flat white,Jade ordered.

The barista wrote order down as she went off to the side and sat a small table she was scrolling through her phone as she waited.

Once her order was called she walked back over to the counter to pick up her coffee. As she reached into her purse and grabbed her wallet she looked inside and realized she didn't have cash on her.

The barista just stared at her waiting for her to pay.

"I'm sure I have the money,Jade defended.

She started rummaging through her purse.

"I got it, a voice said from behind her.

She turned around in curiosity her eyes came upon a tall man with dark hair and eyes in a grey suit even though the suit she could tell he was well toned underneath it.

"No its fine I got it."
Jade added going through her purse again.

"Its no problem, the man insisted as he handed the barista the money.

Jade stood back.

"Thanks, she told the man.

His eyes met her's as they stood off to the side.

"So.. The man started to say as Jade's phone started to ring.

She looked at it was the man from the other night.

"Sorry I got to go but thanks for the coffee."
Jade explained as she rushed out of the coffee shop and answered.

"Hey, are you still able to do the event today?" he asked in a rushed tone.

"Yes I'm on my way there now,Jade said promptly.

"Ok great just be at the Grand Hotel by eleven." he instructed

After that, the call ended then Jade got into her car and then made her way to the hotel.

Once she got there she realized it was only ten minutes away from the coffee shop.

As she walked into the lobby of the luxury hotel she noticed the big signs on stands for the seminar.

"Can I help with you with something mam?" the lady behind the lobby desk asked.

"Yes, I'm here to bartend for the business seminar today.

The woman had a look of disbelief.

Jade gave her a look right back and crossed her arms.

"Ok well you will need to go to the dining hall which is this way."
she pointed to the left

"Just go straight and it's your first door on the left, the lady explained to her.

"Thank you, Jade, smirked as she made her way down the hall.
\
She and all other other servers were in the dining hall just finished sitting up tables, cleaning up and prepping food and the bar.

When people in business attire started to fill the dining hall Jade was standing at the bar watching as people were being served food and sitting at the white covered tables.

Conversations from all different direction's filled her ears. Since no one ordered any drinks yet she decided to go take a smoke break since she hated just standing around with nothing to do.

She went through her purse and grabbed her pack of smokes and was about to walk away from the bar.

"Hey, Miss Coffee she heard a voice said from behind her.

Jade turned around she recognized it was the man who paid for her coffee earlier this morning.

"What can I get you...

"Mr. Jackson but you can just call me Jacob, he interrupted her with a grin on his face.

"Ok, Mr. Jackson what would you like Jade replied she likes to keep things professional when she's on the clock.

"A dry Martini."

She looked at him.

"Isn't it a little early for that, she said trying to make some conversation with him.

The man chuckled.

"It's never too early for a stiff one he joked.

"Yea I guess, she said as she handed him his drink.

He stood and took a sip of the drink with a satisfied.

"Nice Job, he responded then he walked off continuing to sip his drink.

Jades eyes followed him as he walked away and shook her head.

"Nope, she told herself as someone else walked up to the bar.