Chapter 40

Song:Niptuck-Nicki Minaj

"Are you sure this going to work?" Nate asked Ricardo sitting next to him on a park bench.

"Of course man she comes here more now since Jacob left," Ricardo told him.

"Really?"

"Yea she comes here Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays."

Nate looked at him.

"How do you know that.." He questioned.

"Hey, I did you a free favor man."

From a distance, they could see Jade walking trail.

"There she is now get in there," Ricardo said encouraging him.

Nate stood up.

"I think my chances of getting back in are at zero." he shrugged.

"Actually it's negative five." Ricardo pointed out.

"What kind of friend are you?" Nate said looking at him.

"The kind of friend that pushes now go talk to her and don't fuck it up."

Then to Nates surprise, Ricardo pushed him right into the direction of Jade.

Nate sighed as he walked over to Jade trying his best to not look at her ass as he got closer

"Hey Jade," he said, but there was no response when he realized she had her earbuds in. So he did one thing that would get her attention.

"Um excuse you..." Jade said turning around to whoever bumped into to her only to realize it was Nate.

"What are you doing here?" Jade asked still walking no with Nate alongside her.

"You know just here hanging out." Nate lied.

"Is this how you pick up woman now?" Jade joked.

"Please, I don't need no..." Nate stopped himself he wasn't here for that.

"So are the girls with your mom?' He asked changing the subject.

"Yea they are I'm going to get them in a bit," Jade told him.

Wall one was down now he had to get through wall two.

"How are things with Jacob you heard anything?" Nate asked casually.

Jade sighed.

"Things are fine just waiting on him to finish rehab."

"Why do you care?" Jade narrowed her eyes at him.

He looked at her.

"Well, its i know your gonna be by yourself with the girls and Just wanted to tell you that if you need help with anything... I'm here."

"I'll be fine... Now I got to finish my walk Jade told him jogging away from him.

(Later that night)

"Momma I don't know what to do Lovely won't stop crying," Jade whined.

"Have you fed her?"

"Yes," Jade said holding a crying Lovely to her chest

"Did you check her diaper."

"Yes mom I did everything and she still crying," Jade said trying not to cry herself.

"Is everything ok?' her mom asked.

"Yes it's fine I'll call you back,' she said hanging up and still cradling a crying Lovely.

It was three in the morning and Lovely was still crying now she knew Leilani would be waking up soon to be fed again.

She was downstairs sitting on the couch holding Lovely and was on a breaking point she picked up her phone and made a call.

Later the doorbell ringed she went quickly made her way over to answer it.

"I really need your help," she told Nate as she was holding Lovely.

The baby monitor started going off now Leilani was crying.

"I'll take Lovely you go take care of Leilani," he said as Jade cautiously handed him Lovely.

Jade ran to the kitchen grabbed a bottle and made her way upstairs.

After she finished feeding Leilani and walked downstairs, she noticed it was quiet all she could see was Nate was laying on the couch shirtless with Lovely sleeping soundly on his chest.

"Thank you," Jade said relived this was the first in awhile since Jade showed some emotion toward Nate beside hate, anger, or indifference.

"I told you I'm here if you need me," Nate said to her as she picked up Lovely and took back upstairs.

When she came back down Nate had his shirt back on and was about to leave.

"Wait Jade said as she came down the stairs.

He turned and looked at her unable to take his eyes off of her.

"How did you get her to stop crying?"

"She just needed some skin to skin contact," Nate explained

"Well, I just wanted to say thanks again for the help." Jade grinned.

"Anytime," Nate said with a grin standing in front of the opened door.

Before she knew it, Nate was leaning in trying to kiss her unable to say anything she closed the door in his face.

Jade actually needed Nate 😅

Y'all think this was a set up or was Nate just trying to make a shot?

Will Jacob find out Nate tried to kiss Jade?