Chapter 8

(Song:John Legend-Tonight)

"So did you have a good time?"

Mr. Johnson asked Jade who was sitting next to him in the passenger seat.

"I had a great time," Jade said with a grin on her face.

She held her white teddy bear close to her in her lap that he won for her at the carnival she didn't even know about it until he told her about it. But she enjoyed the date.

"I told you was going to have a good time and I had a good time too, he said with a smile on his face.

His phone stared to ring he answered.

"Yea I'll get them tonight I just got to stop by the office to get it,"he said.

After he hung up the phone.

"What's going on Jade asked.

"I got to stop by the office to pick up some things real quick before I take you home.'

"That's fine she said to him.

Once he pulled up to his office building they got and walked inside.

Nate finally made it home after work as he walked inside and tossed his work bag on the couch as he plopped down on the couch his phone buzzed.

It was an email from his boss.

Please have the following sent to me by tomorrow morning

Followed by a list of documents he needed to send in.

He reached for his black bag next to him as he picked it up he realized his laptop wasn't in there.
He sighed and checked the time on his phone.

"Ok, I still got time, he said as he grabbed his car keys and exited out of the house.

Jade and Mr. Johnson were standing in his office he was going through some folders while Jade was looking at his small bookshelf.

The sound of rain could be heard around the room.

Jade back was turned as she was going through all the books he had until one caught her eye she picked it up.

"You like to read also Mr. Johnson asked as he walked up behind her.

Jade turned around

"Yea I use to read a lot when I was younger when I actually had the time she chuckled.

"I try to squeeze in some reading when I can he said his eyes were looking at the book she was holding.

Great expectation is a great book a classic he told her.

"Yea it is I read it back in high school she told him.

"You could borrow it if you want and just return it when you're finished he said with a grin.

"Are you saying you want to see me again jade asked him.

He chuckled.

"Yea.. he smiled nervously.

Jade smiled she found his bashfulness rather cute.

"Well, I definitely plan on seeing you again she said.

"That's good he said as they moved closer to each other.

Their eyes met as so did their lips as they kissed maybe its been awhile or jade haven't really noticed but she realized it been a few months since she "felt" anything from a man.

They were still kissing she was falling deeper into it until she felt his hand side down her lower back.

She broke the kiss.

"Um, it's getting late we probably should go." She blushed.

"Yea I should go ahead and get the rest of these papers it will only take a second.

"I can wait until your done in car Jade added.

"Ok I'll be down soon he told her jade walked out of the office quickly to hide the fact her face was red from embressement. As she made her way out of the building.

Nate was at the office he decided to use the back door since it would be much quicker for him he made his way upstairs and to his office and grabbed the black laptop sitting on his desk he picked it up and made his way out of the office as he was walking out he noticed Mr. Johnson walking out also.

"Hey what are you doing here so late?" he asked.

Mr. Johnson held up a yellow folder.

"Just here to get some papers."

"Why are you here so late?" Mr. Johnson asked raising a brow.

"Forgot my laptop seen your email at the last minute." Nate said.

It was quiet for a minute.

'Well see you tomorrow Mr. Johnson said as they walked in away in opposite directions.

"So I'll talk to you later, Jade said to Mr. Johnson as they were standing in front of her apartment door.

"I didn't go too far did I earlier at the office did I he asked.

Jad shook her head.

"No not at all just been awhile jade told him not going into full detail.

"Oh ok I understand... So I'll talk to later then he asked?

"Yea... I'll talk to later, Jade said after that he left and she entered her. Apartment.

She had her back on the door jade was confused she definitely unsure of how she felt but she knew that Mr. Johnson was what she wanted.

In order to relax she took a nice hot shower and changed into her comfy shirt and knee-high socks now sitting on her couch reading the book Mr. Johnson let her borrow while drinking a glass of wine. Hours seemed to go by but when she paused to check her phone it was only a few minutes after ten.,

It took her no time to read the book since she loved to read and was a fast reader.

Just give it back when you're done she remembered what Mr. Johnson said earlier.

She pulled out her phone and made a call.

"Hey I'm done with your book do you want to come by and get it tonight."

"Ok, you'll be here in fifteen minutes ok see then.

"Do you want another glass of wine Jacob?" Jade asked Mr. Johnson who was sitting very close to her on the couch.

Even though he was getting ready to go to bed when Jade called him but he was surprisingly awake now.

"It's getting kinda late and...

"It's just your second glass and I know you're the drinking type, jade laughed as he watched her pour him another glass.

"Ok one more glass and then I should get going he told her

He had a feeling where things were headed but he didn't want to make things awkward like they were earlier.

As he took a long sip he couldn't take his eyes off Jade in her long grey shirt, knee socks and glass she definitely looked like a whole different woman compared to how she looked when they went out earlier.

"So about earlier its just......

To his surprise, Jade kissed him and this time he knew she was all in as their kisses turned into a full makeout session. His hands slid up her shirt as he laid back and pulled her on top of him.

This time she didn't break the kiss.

They ended up spending the night doing more than kissing.