Chapter 14

After Jacob left Jade quickly got dressed and decided to go the lady who lived three doors down.

She knocked on the door and waited as the door opened her nose was instanly hit with the strong scent of incense and candles burning through out the ladys apartment.

The tall thin lady with chocolate skin and long black dreds looked at her.

"Yes," she said.

Jade looked down feeling quilty ecer since the night she discoved that not and candle at her door step she had questions she tried asking her mom about it but clearly she had the wrong idea.

"I have a question?"

The woman gives her a serious look.

"Come on in my child," she says as she motions Jade into the apartment.

Even though it was daytime the dark curtains allowed no light to enter candles were the only source of light.

The woman went to a table and sat down.

"Have a seat." she instructed.

Jade squinted her eyes while they adjusted to the room as she managed to sit in the chair.

She was nervous as she squinted her eyes at the mysterious woman who sat across her.

Jade stared to feel sick to her stomach but she pushed through it.

"Can I ask you something?"

The woman nodded.

Jade dig into her bag and pulled out the candle and the note that was in front of her door and placed it on the table.

"What does this mean ... is it a curse or something?" Jade asked.

The woman picked up the white candle and the letter and was able to read it despite of how dark the room was.

"Don't worry sweetie it's not a curse." she chuckled.

Her laugh made Jade's spine shiver for some reason.

"So.. what.. Does.. it mean."

The woman said nothing as she got up out of her chair and walked off to a shelf and grabbed something.

Jade was watching curiously wondering what she was doing.

Once the lady returned to the table and sat back down she opened a small bottle of liquid and poured it into a small bowl and dipped the note in it.

"What are you doing?" Jade asked confused.

She took a deep breath ignoring Jade as she lit the candle and burned the letter until it was nothing but ashes.

Jade's eyes watched as the fire quickly engulfed the note.

Once it was noting but ashes before Jade could say anything she felt something being blown in her face.

"WHAT THE FUCK! Jade shouted out of shock.

The woman was sitting back in the chair watching Jade react.

"I did what you wanted," she simply replied.

Jade quickly stood up.

"I didn't ask for.... Then her phone stared to ring she looked at it was Jacob.

"I gotta go...." Jade said relived at any reason to leave the crazy lady in front of her as she ran out of the apartment and back into hers.

Once she calmed down she called Jacob back.

"Hey,"she said

"You sound like you been running are you ok?"

"Yea I'm fine... are you still coming by?" she asked trying to keep her mind off what just happened.

"Yes but it will be alittle later got some meetings I got to go to."

"Ok ,Jade said feeling kinda sad Jacob wasn't coming until later.

"I'll talk to you later then," Jade told him after that she ended the call.

All of a sudden she stared to feel really sleeply.

"I just need to get some rest,"she said to herself as she walked into her room and climbed into bed and went to sleep.

Only two hours into her nap Jade was awken her stomach was in pain and she felt like had to throw up so she rushed to the bathroom where she barley made it to the toilet as she stared to vomit.

Her head was spinning as she cling to the toilet bowl.

"That witch bitch." she said

Scared that she now had a curse and the woman down the hall did something her Jade mange to slowly but surely get up grab her keys and drive to hospital.

By the time she made it into the door Jade fell to the floor. As nurses stared running to her rushing into the hospital.