Chapter 4

Jade was just getting out of the shower as she wrapped a towel around her body as she heard a knock at her front door.

"Who could this be stopping by this early?" she questioned.

She swiftly grabbed a green shiny robe and slipped it on as she was walking to the front door as there was another knock at the door. Jade finished tieing her robe as she answered the door nobody was at the door her eyes looked down she caught a glimpse of a glass vase with white roses.

As she leaned down to pick the flowers up two black shoes where in front of her she lifted back up only to notice Nate standing in front of her.

"Hey, can we talk he asked nervously.

"What are you doing here?" Jade glared at him.

Then Jade paused.

"How did you find out where I live now are you stalking me?" she accused him.

"I went over to your mom's house to talk to you....She told me you got your own place now..."

"Why were you at my mom's house?"

"Because I wanted to talk to you."

"Do you not get it we are not together."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying you have no business going to my mom's house and asking about me." Jade narrowed her eyes at him.

"I practically grew up there." he mentioned

"It's over Nate."

Jade notices Nates eye's kept going to her chest

She crossed her arms.

"Can we just talk about what happened and maybe work things out?"

Jade shook her head.

"I don't have time to talk I have stuff to do."

After that, she promptly closed the door in his face.

Jade was visibly upset as she rushed to her room roughly slipping into a t-shirt and jeans.

She grabbed her keys off the dresser then made her way out of her apartment.

After Jade pulled up to her mom's house slamming her car door as she got out of the car. Making her way to the front door knocked a couple times. The door opened instead of her mother standing at the door it was her sister.

"Hey, her sister said dryly.

"Is mom here?"  Jade asked walking inside.

She shook her head as she got back on to her laptop and sat on the couch.

"Mom left this morning to run some errands."

The sound of a baby crying came from the hallway.

Jade's eyes widened in surprise.

"Crystal do you hear your baby crying?" Jade asked.

"Yes, I do she will be fine I'm trying to study right now"

Jade rolled her eyes

"I'll go check on Gia since her mother won't."
Jade muttered under her breath as she walked to into a bedroom where she heard the crying coming from she walked into the room went over to the small white crib she carefully picked up the small baby.

As soon as she picked her a foul smell filled her nose she realized the source of the smell was coming from the baby's diaper.

"Come on let's get you changed." Jade cooed laying on the baby on the bed and changing her.

After Jade was done she walked back into the living room with the baby in her arms.

Crystal was still sitting on the couch with her eyes glued to her laptop.

"Hey, when was the last time you fed her Jade asked.

"Around eight, she said not taking her eyes off the laptop

"It's almost eleven..."

"Look I will feed her once I send this paper in ok." Crystal said annoyed.

Jade shook her head as she placed the baby in a swing.

"I understand you had to drop out of college and go to school online due having a baby but you just can't..."

Crystal looked dead at Jade.

"I find it so funny this is coming from a woman who couldn't have a baby even if she tried." she scoffed.

Jade clenched her fist as she took a deep breath thinking about what she learned from her anger management classes.

"When you see mom tell her I don't appreciate her telling Nate my business or where I live now," Jade said as she walked out of the house got in her car and left.

As she was walking up to her apartment door she looked to make sure Nate was waiting for her or another vase of flowers were sitting at her door.

Nothing was there as she put her keys in and unlocked the door. As she walked into the house her phone vibrated in her pocket she pulled it out it was from an unfamiliar number she decided to answer it for some reason.

"Hello, she said cautiously

"Hey, Jade it's me, Mr. Johnson,

"How did you get my number?" Jade asked him confused.

"I called the event planning service and they told me to call this number."

Jade could hear the sounds of phones ringing in the background.

"Why are you calling me?" Jade asked.

"I wanted to see if we could meet today for lunch and talk about some business."

Jade thought about it she really didn't feel like sitting in the house.

"Where do you want me to meet you?" she asked.

"At my office downtown JJ's computer tech."

Jade instantly knew where he was and had an idea.

"Sure I can meet you what time you want me to stop by."

"My next meeting ends at noon so will that work?" he asked.

"Yea that will work for me see you then."

"Ok see you then, he said.