Chapter 20

(Song:Breakup by Wale)
Jacob was in his office facing the window, he was just standing there in thought as he held an envelope in his hands it was the results. He fought back the temptation to rip it open ever since he got the results flown in last night.

Even though he was ready to know the truth, he was scared it could cost him his relationship and his plan would be ruined. Jade was standing by his office door dressed in all black as if she was going to a funeral.

Lately, she's been thinking that even though she likes what's going on between her and Jacob, but deep down Jade knew she couldn't handle it if Gia was his. Immediately she dropped her black Michael Kors bag down, causing it to make a loud bang against the desk the sound caused Jacob to turn around startled. His eyes grew wide as he notices Jade stands in the middle of the room.

"Oh, you're here," he said nervously, still holding onto the envelope

"Yes, you called me and said you got something for me Jade said dryly, eyeing at the envelope in his hands

He realized she was eyeing the envelope in his hands.

"Well, here are the results, he said, handing her the envelope.

He held his breath as Jade tore into the letter like it was a Christmas present, although there was no excitement on her face.

She glanced and the letter and smirked.

"So.... Jacob said, trying to keep his cool.

"Gia isn't yours,"Jade flatly.

"Thank god!" Jacob said with excitement finally having a weight lifted off of his chest as he hugged Jade who just stood there.

"Consider yourself lucky, she told him on the outside, she was hard as a rock, but deep down she was glad the results were negative.

Jacob pulled away slowly.

"Can I ask something?" he asked, looking at Jade.

"Sure," Jade said knowing what he was already going to ask

"If Gia was mine..."

"Then we would be done, she said bluntly

He nodded, not surprised by her answer Jade was always honest and upfront one of the many things he loved about her.

"Will... he started to say

"I'll talk to you later, Jade told him.

"OK, he said while watching her walk out of his office even though Gia wasn't his he felt like he had to do something more.

Jacob went over to his desk and picked up the phone and made a call.

"Hello," he said on the phone

There was a pause.

"Yeah, it's me, I was just calling to see if you could deliver that's papers today." He ordered.

"Ok, that's good let me know when she signs them, he said then hung the phone afterward.

Later that day Nate was parking his car and started walking toward's the direction of the park the sun was surprisingly still out at six in the evening.

As he walked passed children running and people walking their dogs he as he has seen Jade is standing by the big water fountain in the middle of the park.

He couldn't help to have a weird feeling in his stomach as this was the place he proposed to Jade. Making his way closer, his face dropped realizing that he wasn't getting a second chance as he seen Jacob standing next to her.

"What's going?" on he asked, raising his brow, looking at Jacob who was also looking at back at him with the same expression.

Jade quickly stepped in.

"I brought you two here because I've been thinking and its best to clear the air." now she told them.

"Ok and what is that?" Nate asked.

She clasped her hands together.

"I'm pregnant as both of you guys know..."

Nate's eyes widened, he knew Jade was about to say the baby was his.

"With twins.."

"What?!" Jacob and Nate both said in unison

"Wow, I can't believe we're having twins," Nate said with a grin.

"Yeah, about that.... I'm having both of your babies Jade said still surprised she even said that.

Nate was confused.

"What are you talking about, your having both of MY babies?" he asked.

She shook her head.

"No, I mean I'm pregnant by the both of you with twins," Jade explained.

Nate's face dropped espillcally when he realized she was holding Jacob's hand.