Chapter 6

"Why you got this tight dress on?"

Jade's mom questioned her while standing in front of the mirror putting on her diamond necklace.

Jade turned around to face her mom who was sitting on the bed facing her.

"Mom it's not tight and I'm going to a nice event tonight... for work."

"Well you look like your going to the strip club." her mom told her with a look of disapproval.

"Mom it's fine I came here to borrow your necklace." jade threw her hands up.

Jade was about to leave she stopped in front of the door.

"Is Crystal here she asked me to get her some diapers I got them with me now," Jade said to her mother.

She shook her head.

"No, I haven't seen your sister since Tuesday."

"That was two days ago where's Gia?" Jade asked concerned.

"Gia's here but I haven't seen Crystal probably out there with that no good Ray."

Jade rolled her eyes.

"Why do you let her act like that she's a mom now."

"Baby it's alright just pray for her."

Jade took a breath as she was about to say something her phone ringed and she picked it up.

"Yea I'm on my way now I'll be there in a bit, she said to the person on the other end.

"Are you and Nate back together?" she asked raising her brow

"I got to go,Jade said ignoring her mom as she walked out of the room.

Jade exited the house got in her car and left.

The sky was dark as Jade walked up to Mr. Johnson's house and ringed the doorbell. After a moment the door opened A tall woman in a black dress with long blonde hair answered the door.

Jade looked at her

"Is this 2389 Eastwood Dr.?" She asked the woman.

The woman nodded.

"Yes, it is... Your one of Jacob's guest?" she asked.

"I'm actually here to bartend for him." she stated.

The woman looked confused.

"Ok well come on in, she opened to the door as she greeted jade who walked inside.

As Jade walked inside the house she noticed the room was filled with people walking around talking and drinking wine

Jade also noticed that no one was serving drinks and she didn't see Mr. Johnson.

"Well I'm already here, she said to herself as she walked over to a table and poured herself a glass of wine

She stood to the side and took a long slow sip she bit her lip to get any wine that was left on her lips.

"Hey what are doing here?" Nate asked as he walked up.

"What are you doing here are you stalking me or something." she snapped.

"No, I was invited."

"So was I she said throwing one had up.

Nate raised his brow.

"How... who invited you..."

"Nate there you are I've been looking for you, the same woman who greeted Jade at the door walked up to them.

"Yes, there he is I'm going to go now Jade paced off leaving Nate who stood there looking confused.

Jade noticed a sliding door across the room she knew it leads outside so she made her way to sliding glass door and stepped outside into the dark and warm night. Standing by the side of the pool the water reflected the moonlight as Jade pulled out a cigarette and lit it up and took a long draw.

As she was watching her smoke fade into the night sky.

"Hey is everything ok?"

Jade turned around and faced Mr. Johnson

"Yea everything is fine, but can I ask a question.

"Sure, he said.

"Why did you invite me here if you didn't need a bartender."

He made a nervous grin.

"What, Jade said crossing her arms

"I invited you as a bartender because as beautiful as you are I knew you would turn me down if I just flat out asked you... as..a guest."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because you're playing hard to get."

"I'm not playing anything, Jade defended

Mr. Johnson walked up closer to her only inches between them.

"Me nither I just call it like I see it."

"Well, you must be blind then if you think I'm playing hard to get."

He chuckled.

Their eyes ended up meeting each other

Her phone ringed in the silent of the night she picked it up and answered not caring who it was as she was happy to get out of the awkward moment.

"Hello"

"What happened is everything ok?"

"I'm on my way."

Then she hung up the phone.

"I'm sorry I got to go family emergency jade explained as she quickly ran off.

What do you guys think will happen next? 😊🤔