Chapter 33

"Are you sure?" Nate asked Crystal.

She was standing in the middle of the living room.

"Yes I'm sure I took a  test," she pulled out a white pregnancy test out of her coat pocket and tossed it on the coffee table.

Nate picked it up and looked at it was positive.

Later that night.

Nate was sitting on the couch with Ricardo they were drinking beers.

"Man I don't know what I'm going to do," Nate said rubbing his temple.

"Dude, you don't think it's yours do you?" He asked.

Nate sighed.

"It could be, and I can't go through with it if could be."

"So what are you going to do then?" Ricardo questioned opening another beer.

***

Nate was making his way into the courthouse after some heavy drinking and some heavy thinking he knew what he had to.

He walked inside the lobby.

He made his way to the front desk where a lady was sitting at a computer.

"Where is the Steven's trial," he asked her.

"Just go straight ahead," she told him.

Once he was inside the courtroom he could the jury sitting on the left and Ray was sitting in the middle next to his lawyer.

He made his way to the second row and took a seat at the trial started.

"Mr. Ray Stevens your charges are fraud, robbery, and assault battery how to do you plea.

Ray stood up

'I plead not guilty your honor.

"Well we have a last-minute witness who says you are the judge looked at Nate

"Nathaniel Johnson, please come up the judge ordered him.

He stood up and made his way up to the front of the court as he was walking he could feel everyone's eyes on him the room he suddenly started to feel warm.

"Please tell us

"Ray Stevens was behind it all he set it up

And who told you this the Jude questioned.

"Crystal Lewis."

"Jury, please write your verdict.' the judge said.

It was silent for a moment.

Nate took a glance at Ray who was shooting daggers at him.

"Has the Jury reached a verdict.

A man sitting the front of the jury stood up.

"Yes, your honor we have come to conclude that Ray Stevens is guilty.

The judge looked at Ray.

"Ray Stevens I sentence you to fifty years behind the state-federal prison. The judge bangs his gabble.

As officers handcuffed ray and lead out of the courtroom, Ray gave him one last cold look before he was sent away.

When Nate was walking out he seen Ricardo was already waiting for him in his truck Nate made his way over and got inside.

"So how did it go asked

"He got fifty years."

Ricardo stared driving down the road

"I still think you're crazy for lying."

"I talked to me, and they said that if Crystal would've gone to prison and had the baby all she would've to have to do is say its mine after she gives birth, Then I would be legally responsible.

"That's fucked up Ricardo said.

Nate sighed.

"Yea it is."

Crystal is pregnant with Nate's baby yes or No

Was Nate only doing this for his benefit?