Chapter 13

Jacob was standing by the dresser adjusting his tie as he was getting ready he looked at the reflection in the mirror and seen Jade still laying down in bed.

"How long you plan on being at the office today jade asked him

He looked at her from the mirror.

"I don't plan on being in long today just going in to check up on up some things."

He turned and looked at her.

"Are you going to work later tonight?"

She shook her head.

"I don't go in until tomorrow."

Jacob couldn't help but notice something different about Jade shes been sleeping more and he noticed her cheeks are fuller than he remembered

"Ok well I will be back in a bit he said as he walked over to her and kissed her on the cheek.

Then he walked out of the room and made his way out the front door.

As he was walking down to his office he noticed Nate standing with two other guys giving him a dirty look he's been doing that a lot recently.

He said nothing as he walked passed them and into his office and closed the door.

Jacob went straight to his to his desk sat down and took a deep breath as he went into his desk and pulled out his secret white stash lined it up on his desk and started snorting it he closed his eyes he leaned back in his chair.

His desk phone was ringing Jacob jumped up in surprise he looked at the phone for a moment and then answered it.

"Hello," he said

"Mr. Johnson," a voice said it was his assistant.

"What is it?" he asked.

"There's someone calling and asking for you should I transfer their call?"

"Did you ask who it was?"

It was quiet for a moment.

He sighed.

"Just transfer it," he told her

"Ok Mr. Johnson

There was a pause.

"Jacob?" he heard a familiar voice that made his stomach drop.

He placed his hand over the phone.

"I told Alley to check whos calling he muttered,

"Don't hang up, please." the other person pleaded

"What do you want?, I told you not to call my job again.'

"I really think we need to talk about this

"She's not mine I know that..."

"Yes, she is we both know it just take the DNA tes..."

"I'm not doing anything Crystal," he said shaking his head.

"Really you don't even know."

"All I need to know is that your a liar and don't call my job again."

With that, he hung up the phone before he could even get a response. He slammed the phone down hard.

He stood and walked out of his office he noticed Nate giving him a dirty look again he walked up to him.

"Since you have free time to not be focused on your work I'm sure you'll have time to have those finance reports on my desk first thing tomorrow morning."

Nate was caught by surprise.

"I don't do the finance reports that's David's job... Plus I don't know nothing about that."

"Well, you got until tomorrow morning to figure that out and have those reports on my desk," Jacob said dryly and walked past Nate.