3

"where's mummy and daddy?" the small toddler asked her grandmother one winter night. the older woman sighed and looked out of the townhouse window, looking at the stars above. she dreaded this moment.

"mummy and daddy are in heaven. they're angels now." she slowly told the brunette child, tears beginning to form into her eyes as she remembered her son. the child cocked her head to the side and climbed up to an armchair facing her grandmother. 

"when are they coming back?" she asked the woman.

"they're not coming back dear."

holly rubbed her eyes, flicking away the tears. she had this dream sometimes, and it reminded her of her parents that she barley knew. they were murdered by a terrorist bombing when they were on train. holly was only four when her wealthy grandmother adopted her. she didn't fully realize that her parents were dead right away, but as she got older, she came to the conclusion that they were not coming back. she was kind of "over" it,  but holly still had moments where she missed them dearly. holly was raised as an only child, she had a brother that was sixteen years older than her and that was already in uni by the time they died. she barely knew her brother, he was thirty-nine, had a two girls, Quinn and Fiona, and was married. they hadn't talked in the past ten years and they only reason she knew about his family was through her grandma.

holly stretched and her hand hit a  velvet headboard. holly jerked her hand away for a second, but then remembered this jj's room. she felt her head stinging and placed her hand on a small bump. holly grunted as she climbed out of the bed, her stomach feeling uneasy. she walked to her trousers and pulled her phone out of the pocket. 

10:30 am, January 9th

she saw a text from simon reading, 

simon: are you ok? didn't see that much last night.

holly thought back to last night. she faintly remembered bonking her head on the table and jj bringing her upstairs. she scowled.

"jeez simon, maybe you could've brought me to the guest room, and not leave me drunk with a a bunch of people i barely knew instead of running off with your girlfriend" she texted back. she didn't bother putting on her sticky pants since the hoodie she was wearing was basically a somewhat dress. she glanced at jj still sleeping on the floor. she quickly tip-toed to the door and nimbly turned the knob. 

"what do you think you're doing?" a husky voice yelled from behind holly. holly froze, realizing that jj woke up. she turned around to face jj rubbing his eyes as he stood up from the ground, still in his boxers. jj folded his arms and gave her a cross look. holly frowned.

"i'm leaving." she told him turning back around to open the door. she heard jj walk into the closet as she left.

"wait." he shouted, still in the closet. holly groaned as she spun around to face the room. jj came out of the room, with basketball shorts and a nike tee shirt. he pushed his black bandana up his forehead and spun around to look at himself in the mirror. he smiled and did finger guns at himself. holly rolled her eyes. jj hurried up behind her. 

"so, you want to talk about last night?" 

-

-

-

bit of a shorter chapter for you guys! i'm going to try to write another one today. so yeah,, holly's parents are dead :( she also has a brother, but she barely knows him. 

also, this is what i imagine holly to look like .

have a great day xx