19

9:02 am, febuary 2nd, 2018

holly's eyes fluttered awake as she heard the booming alarm from her phone ring. she groaned and pulled herself out of bed. today was a big day.

"what do you wear to a press conference?" holly asked herself in the mirror. couldn't be too formal, but couldn't be too casual. deji had told her they were sitting in a box with the sidemen instead of the ground, which was slightly irking to holly because of her hatred for heights. simon had assured her it wasn't too high, but holly still was slightly scared.

 simon had assured her it wasn't too high, but holly still was slightly scared

"this'll do." she told herself as she pulled on the doc marten boots. deji had informed her he was going to pick her up at 9:30 am. she quickly smeared on some concealer and powdered on some eye shadow and she was ready. she grabbed her black kanken bag and slammed the door shut. she quickly checked her watch to see the time.

9:28 am

"shit!" she whispered as she dashed to the elevator. she quickly pressed the down button and jumped from foot to foot. the door sleekly slid open and without looking, holly quickly scooted inside.

"no hello?" a gruff voice laughed. holly looked up to see a smirking will. she flashed a grin back at will. holly wasn't sure if he was going to the press conference after the last encounter with jj. holly didn't exactly want to go, she was just going to please deji and quiet frankly, just see jj again.

"hello idiot. heading to the press conference?" she asked. will almost scoffed at holly's question.

"no, i don't fancy getting beaten up." he snorted, leaning against the elevator wall. 

"yeah i guess."

"the videos doing so well mate. like, a million views already." will informed her. holly's eyes widened. she wasn't exactly used to her new life with tons of famous youtubers, and now becoming one herself.

holly was strictly kept away from screens as a child. her grandmother didn't want her accidentally stumbling upon porn or something. the first time she owned a electronic was when she was 16, and it was a iphone five. behind her grandmothers back she would use computers at the library and her friend once gave her his old iphone six. she didn't grow up like most kids her age. she never watched youtube, had a myspace, and barely had a feel for pop music.

"wow." holly mumbled as the door slid open again. she could see deji's lambo resting in front of the flat complex. she waved a goodbye to will as he stepped out too, but went towards the cafe.

"hey babe." deji greeted holly as she slipped inside the expensive car, planting a kiss on her cheek. holly weakly smiled as she carefully closed the door.

"hi." she responded, pecking him on the neck. deji was wearing a denim jacket over a red tee, which was a change from his usual plain tee and sweatpants. like usual, deji didn't say a word on the way to the press conference.