Part 1

It was a bright sunny day. The sunlight coming from the window lighted the room. As the sunrays fell on the sleeping figure, he shouted to the servants to close the curtains.

"Shyam close the curtains" mumbled Karan sleepily. Hearing his sleepy voice, his mother Anuradha Oberoi chuckled and went near his bed and sat on the side of the bed. She loving started caressing her son's hair and asked him to wake up. But instead of waking up Karan snuggled into his mother's lap. Anuradha gazed at her handsome son while continuing to caress his hair and a flick of sadness crossed her vision.

She wondered when her son will again get his life partner who will take care of him like his late wife Vidhya. She wanted Karan to forget Vidhya and move on in his life as she is not going to come again in his life. Vidhya was not only Karan's love but also the soul of the Oberoi family.

The entire Oberoi family was very happy with Karan's choice when he introduced Vidhya. She was a jolly person who was liked by all and became the loving daughter-in-law to Karan's parents and a caring sister-in-law to his younger sister Pakhi.

But Vidhya's tragic death affected everyone most importantly Karan. He still cannot forget his late wife and their unborn child. Instead of living with a free spirit, he became a hard person.

Anuradha and her husband Sanjay Oberoi prayed to God everyday to send some one like Vidhya again in their son's life. He cannot spend his entire life living like a hollow person from inside. She wish to see her son's life colourful again.

"In which thoughts are you lost Mom? Is everything alright?" Asked Karan as he got up.
"Nothing son was just wondering how you used to always sleep in my lap when you were a child. Even now this habit of yours is not changed."

"What can I do in that, I like to sleep in you lap Mom" said Karan smilingly.
" I will take a shower and join you guys for breakfast" Karan said while going into the bathroom.

"Sure honey, we will be waiting for you" replied Anuradha and then she stood up from his bed and went to join her husband and daughter in the dining room.

After taking the shower, Karan came out of the bathroom with a towel hanging around his waist and went into his walk-in-closet opposite to his bathroom. Opening the closet and searching for a shirt to wear his gaze fell on a blue shirt and a memory of Vidhya instantly came in his mind. Blue is his favourite colour and that blue shirt was her last gift to him before her death.

Keeping the blue shirt at the bottom rack, he picked up the first Armani suit from his wardrobe and wore it. There isn't a moment or thing in his life which doesn't remind him of his late wife. He misses her very much everyday. After dressing, he wore his Rolex watch and combed his hair.

Looking at his own reflection mirror, Karan chuckled sadly that every girl would drool at his mere sight but no one knew that below this handsome man was a hollow person. Sighing he took his wallet, handkerchief, cellphone and his office bag and went downstairs into the living room.