Part 38

After some time, it was twins lunch time so Anjali stood up and went near them "Come munchkins it's your lunch time" Aarav and Kiara both whined and told no as they didn't want to leave their Dad. Karan butted in between "Kids listen to your mommy and have your lunch. I will play with you two after you eat OK?" "really daddy" asked Kiara hopefully. He lifted her and Aarav in his arms and indicated Anjali to take him to dinning table. He made them both sit on their chairs and replied "yes now eat your lunch"

He was listening to the twins chatter and watching them eat when Anjali placed a plate of food in front of him. He raised an eyebrow in confusion when she told "Kids will like if you have lunch with them" She sat on the opposite chair and even though she could feel his eyes on her, she ignored him and continued to eat. After lunch, twins showed Karan the entire house and made him play with them. He picked up both of them and placed them on their bed when both fell asleep playing. Kissing their foreheads, he went out of their room to the living room where Anjali was reading book.

"We need to talk" he said her. Anjali kept her book on the coffee table and took a deep breath before looking at him "You can come and meet the kids any time you wish. Other than that, I am not interested in any talks" Karan scowled and sat on the sofa opposite to her and said "Anjali you can't ignore me you know that. Regarding the kids, I missed three years of their life thanks to you! I won't miss a single moment of their lives now so it would be better if you come back with me" She frowned hearing him and snapped at him "really Karan, are you for real? As far as I remember, you yourself distanced yourself from me four years back and asked me to maintain my distance from you. You blamed for the thing which I didn't do at all. Because of your indifference, I was forced to leave my family and go away and now you have the audacity to come back in my life again and ask me to go with you"

Karan sighed and said "I know it was my mistake accusing you and distancing myself from you but believe me I couldn't make myself stop from falling for you. The first time I saw you, I knew I was in deep shit. You stirred the strong feelings in me and how much I tried to ignore them, I cannot do that. I realised that how much I try, I cannot help but fall in love with you and I can't live without you. The day I came back from Australia, I have decided to apologize to you for my behavior and confess my feelings for you but you had gone by then. I was trying to find you since last four years but you just disappeared like thin air. Please Anjali give me a chance to correct my mistakes and win you back. These few years without you were hell. Vidhya was my past but you are my present and future. I don't want to live without you and kids anymore. Even our families also miss you very much and eagerly waiting for you all back"

Tears welled up in her eyes. She sniffed and said "You are four years late Karan. I have learnt to live without you and our family and you all also just lived fine without me so leave me the hell alone. I don't want to go back. We can arrange visitation schedule for our children after the divorce"

Karan gasped hearing her and shouted "I won't divorce you. Not now not ever and I want to be a full time father to our kids so choice is yours. You can either come and live with us or live away from them because I won't live without them now" She glared at him "You cannot decide for me and I won't allow you to take them away from me. They are my life and dare you try to separate us"

Karan smirked at her "Believe me sweetheart, I too don't have any intention to take them away from you but you don't leave a choice for me. You know I can easily gain their full time custody if required" He knew kids were Anjali's weakness so she won't let him take them away from her. She would come back to him for their sake. It's just a matter of time for him to convince her and win her back. "Tell our kids that I will be back tomorrow morning. I hope to hear a positive answer from you. Bye honey, Love you" he said to her and pecked her cheeks and left. Anjali was shocked hearing him saying Love you. She too loved him but was afraid to trust him again.