Part 4

As I was about to go and have a shower after a tiresome day at hospital, my Mom knocked on my bedroom door and then came in my room carrying a green colour dress with golden embroidery on it and handed it to me.

"Baby doll wear this dress after you freshen up and come downstairs. We are having guests tonight at dinner" said Anita Malhotra to her loving daughter Anjali. "Whose coming at our house Mumma for dinner? And what's with this sudden dinner plan! You didn't tell me about it in the morning!" Anjali asked this to her mother with a little surprised expression.

Her mother replied "One of our old family friends Mr. and Mrs. Oberoi are coming over. Your Dad and me met them recently in one of the social party and invited them for dinner and today morning you were in a hurry to leave for hospital so I couldn't tell you. Now if your questions are over, get shower and dressed. Oberoi's will be coming in an hour."

Anjali nodded to her mother and asked about her dad to which she replied that he is on his way to home. Leave it to her Mom to welcome the guests in their home. She will go crazy looking after the arrangements a day before. Smiling at this, she went to her bathroom and took a relaxing shower. After that she blow dried her hair and went to wear the dress her mother had left for her. Seeing the dress Anjali thought why her mother was asking her to wear such heavy dress if it's just a casual family dinner but knowing her mother's habit of making her look like her princess, she wore the dress and went to her dressing table to wear the matching jewellery.

As Anjali was naturally beautiful with a long brown hair up to waist length cut in style, hazel brown eyes, heart shaped face, cute button nose, petal shaped pink luscious lips and fair skin, she doesn't need to wear any make up.
She doesn't like to cake up her face with make up so just applied eye liner and lip gloss and kept her hair open with a small diamond clip at the side of her hair.

Smiling at her own reflection she was ready to meet the guests and went to the living room of their penthouse. Seeing her father Raman Malhotra, Anjali went smiling in her dad's direction and hugged him tight " Good evening Papa. I missed you."

Raman laughed at this and looked at his daughter with adoration in his eyes and returned her embrace " We just met in the morning princess but even I missed you too my doll. How was your day at work?" "Oh Papa don't ask, I performed three surgeries today. It was one hell of a busy day" replied Anjali.

After separating from the hug, Raman looked at his daughter and saw that she was dressed beautifully. He couldn't help but admired his daughter. She was the only child and apple of Raman's eye and light of Anita's life. For her parents, she was the princess and had raised her like one. Inspite of being the only child and daughter of one of the well renowed wealthy lawyer, Anjali was down to earth person. She was good to kind people but if one messes with her then she won't spare them.

"You both father and daughter can talk later. Our guests will be coming at any time now so you better hurry up to freshen up and change Raman" said Anita to her husband as she too got ready and came out from their room. "Yes madam" exclaimed Raman and winked at her before going in their bedroom.

Anita blushed at this and then looked at her daughter. She was in awe seeing her daughter looking so beautiful in her dress "You look lovely baby doll." To this Anjali replied " Thanks Mom and you too look beautiful in this peacock colour saree and yes I didn't see Papa winking at you and you blushing at him."

Anita sequeled at this and was about to reply when Raman came out getting ready and even the door bell rang indicating the arrival of their guests.