Part 36

Anjali entered her condo to find pindrop silence. Normally both the kids would be playing and watching TV at this time. She kept her purse on the coffee table and shouted "Where are you babies. I am home" Hearing her their nanny Clara came out from kitchen holding two glasses of milkshake. "Madam both the kids are in their room drawing. I just made milkshake for them" Clara said. Clara gave the glasses of milkshake to Anjali and left saying her goodbye.

Anjali went into the twins room and saw both were arguing. She kept the glasses on the side table and sat with them "Hi babies. Why are you both are arguing with each other?" Kiara complained her "Mommy Aarav scratched my drawing" Anjali raised an eyebrow at Aarav and asked "Why you did that Aarav?" Aarav replied "She was drawing wrong Mommy. Teacher asked to draw a family picture. I draw you, me and Kiara but she draw Daddy too. We don't have Daddy right Mommy" Anjali gasped hearing this. She wanted their kids to have a father but they were too small and innocent to understand their problems.

Kiara asked her "Mommy do we have a Daddy?" Anjali felt tears stinging her eyes. She couldn't speak so just nodded her head at them. Even though, their father was not with them she wanted them to know about him when the right time comes. "Then why Mommy Daddy is not with us?" Aarav asked innocently. Anjali took a deep breath and told them "Daddy is busy working honey so he couldn't come to meet us but he will soon finish his work and come to meet you both ok"

Both the kids got satisfied hearing her and then she made them drink their milkshakes. That night after she tucked the twins in their bed, she was lying on her bed thinking how will she tell the bitter truth of her marriage to both the kids when they grow up. She really hoped that her situation would be different so even her children have a father figure in their lives like others. Thinking this, she drifted to sleep.

Next day after dropping her children to their playschool, she was on her way to the hospital when Shreya was calling her. "Hi Shree!" Anjali asked . Shreya replied "Hi girlfriend how are you and how are my little ones? Due to this new job, I can't even come to meet them these days" Anjali told her "We all are fine how are you and Abhishek?" Shreya replied "We too are good dear. Actually I called to give you a good news. I am pregnant. Just got to know yesterday" Anjali sequeled hearing this "Oh my God Shree I am so happy for you. Congratulations dear. How is your health and baby's?"

"Ohh God relax Anjali. Me and baby both are fine. Abhi is there to take care of us so don't worry. But I am really missing the twins please bring them to meet me. Even Abhishek was missing them too" Shreya requested her to which Anjali agreed and told "Ok you take care I will bring them to your house when I will get time ok. Even I was thinking to meet you and Abhi. It's been long since we last met" After talking for a while, she disconnected the call and went into the hospital.