Part 21

After Pakhi helped her to remove the jewellery and free her hair from the hairpins, Anjali didn't wait for Karan. She took her changing bag and went to take a shower. Seeing the see through nighty in her changing bag, Anjali got horrified. Her mother had left a thin piece of silk and lace to wear. She cannot wear that in front of Karan. Even though he was her husband now, she was not comfortable wearing it. Even she didn't want Karan to think of her as  desperate.

She peeped from bathroom door and saw that Karan has not yet arrived so wrapping a towel around her body she went out to get her PJs from her other bag. Karan entered his room when Anjali was searching for her PJs in her bag. He looked shocked seeing her wrapped in a towel only. He cleared his throat to make her aware of his presence.

Hearing someone clearing the throat, Anjali turned and looked to see Karan standing awkwardly. He was looking here and there in the room. Flustered she took the first pajama she got from bag and fled to washroom to change.

When Anjali came out of the washroom after getting dressed in her pajama, Karan went in bathroom to take a shower and change. She was wandering around the room in her thoughts. What if Karan expects to have wedding night with her? No that won't happen. He unwilling married her so he too won't force her for anything. Her train of thoughts were broken by clicking of bathroom door. Karan came out freshly showered. He was wearing his t-shirt and shorts.

Anjali was wondering what to talk as they both have not spoken single word to each other since their relationship got fixed.

Finally Karan broke the silence and spoke "My bed is big so we can keep pillows in between and sleep. Couch is very small, your back will be sprained in morning if you will sleep on it entire night."

With this, he put the extra pillows in the middle of the bed, switched his side lamp and slept. Anjali knew that their marriage won't be any sort of lovey dovey but now that both are married at least they can be decent enough to be civil and polite towards each other. How will their marriage survive if they won't communicate with each other.

Sighing she went to her side of the bed and slept. Sleep was far asleep from both. Anjali was thinking whether they would be able to continue living in this loveless marriage for a long time or not whereas Karan was thinking that even though he was now married to Anjali, how will he be able to accept her as his wife. He cannot give Vidhya's position to anyone else.