Part 11

While having dinner Anjali found it quite strange seeing both her parents oddly quiet. It looked that they both were communicating through their eyes but she couldn't quite figure out exactly.

She couldn't bear this mystery anymore and asked to her mother "Mumma is everything alright. Why are you both awfully quiet today. Did something happen?"

Anita just faked a laugh and said "No dear nothing happened everything is ok. Just eat your dinner." Anjali didn't seem to convince herself but then decided to ignore it and ate her dinner.

After the dinner, her parents asked her to sit with them. Raman asked first "How was your day today sweetheart?" Hearing him Anjali smiled and said "it was very good Papa. Two of my patients got discharged today and they both were perfectly healthy leaving hospital. Seeing the small babies back to being healthy gives me satisfaction."

Anita and Raman both felt proud of their daughter seeing her dedication to her profession. She was truly an angel .

"Anjali do you have any one special in your life baby doll?"Anita asked her in a low tone. Anjali sequeled hearing her mother "Mumma!!!!". " If there is anyone special in my life then I would have told you and Papa about him. But what's with this sudden question?"

Anita looked at her husband and he nodded at her and informed Anjali "Dear one alliance has come for you."

"From whom Dad? You know I have not yet thought about marriage."Anjali said.

"Yes dear we know that but your mother and I think that it's right time for you to consider about getting married and the alliance is from Mr.Oberoi. He and his wife think you as good match for their son Karan. You know about Karan first wife right?" Raman asked.

Anjali replied "Yes Papa I know about Karan's late wife and it was a very unfortunate thing to happen with him. I have sympathy for him but what can we do. Life and death are not in our hands."

"Yes baby you are right. We cannot decide how much can we live. It's all Almighty's will. Do you have any objections with this proposal beta. Your father and me think that it's good if you consider this alliance. Karan is a mature and responsible person. I am sure he will keep you happy." Her mother said.

Seeing her parents liking to this alliance, Anjali decided to consider it once and see what happens. She told her father "Papa if you and Mumma think that this proposal is good for me then I don't have any objections. I have already met Sanjay Uncle and Anuradha Aunty and they both are very good people.I would like to meet Karan once before deciding anything."

Raman and Anita became so happy hearing their daughter's opinion and decided to soon arrange a meeting of her with Karan.