Part 29

(Mature contents ahead)

Things were going smooth between Karan and Anjali after their trip to Bora-bora. Both slowly started understanding each other and opening up. One day when Karan reached home from the office in the evening, Anjali had still not come from hospital. Maybe some emergency would be there, he thought. After waiting for two hours and calling several times on her phone, she was still not home. Karan was angry at her. She could have informed that she could be late. It was cloudy outside and the weather was due to rain any time. He called his parents to ask about Anjali. They had gone to attend a relative's wedding in Mumbai. Maybe they had talked to her today and knew about her  whereabouts. After not getting any proper answer, he called her parents but even they didn't know about her. He then called Pakhi who was staying at her friend's home for a night but she was also not aware regarding this. Karan again called Anjali's cellphone but no response.

Frustrated he took his car keys and went to hospital. It was raining heavily. Karan stopped his car and got out when he spotted Anjali in the parking lot hugging a male of around his age. He clenched his fist and his gaze became hardened. He went near them and cleared his throat. Anjali who was drenched in rain, turned around and saw Karan standing there. She asked surprised "you here Karan?"

Karan glared at her and told "I was waiting for you at home since two to three hours and you were not picking up your phone. I even called our families but they were also not aware about your whereabouts and since it was raining, I thought to come to hospital and check on you but you seem to be busy."

Anjali smiled and said "actually I was in surgery so my phone was on silent and then my car was not starting so Dr. Keval helped. I was just thanking him. Anyways, this is dr.keval. He is the cardiologist here and my friend and Keval he is my husband Karan.

Keval smiled and extended his hand for a handshake "Hi Karan nice to meet you." Karan briefly shook his hand and turned towards his wife "we all are drenched in rain so I think we should go now Anjali otherwise  I will catch cold. Leave your car here only. I will drop you tomorrow." Anjali nodded at him and went towards his car.

While driving, she told "you should have not bothered. I would have come home by my own." Karan just ignored her and continued to drive. On reaching home, he straight away went to their room. Anjali was confused regarding what happened. What she did now that made him angry. Sighing she too went to change. Karan was checking his mails went Shyam entered their room carrying food plates. Anjali tried to talk to him during dinner but Karan just answered her in monosyllabic word and continued eating. After dinner, she stood in front of him when he went to sleep. " What I did now Karan? Why are you not talking to me?" She asked irritating.

Karan replied "I am tired Anjali. Let me sleep" Anjali still insisted "no some thing is wrong. Tell me!!" Karan who was controlling himself snapped at her "I was worried sick for you and you didn't even bother to inform if you are late! Several thoughts were running in my mind. What would I have done if something happened to you. On top of that, you thank a stranger by hugging him standing in the middle of the rain!"

Anjali was shocked at him "He is my friend Karan not a stranger. How dare you doubt me? And my phone was in silent and I forget to check it. I was in a hurry to reach home after the surgery as I was already late. But you just want to get a chance to snap at me."

Karan glared at her and asked "really Anjali do I always intend to find a chance to snap at you?" Anjali didn't replied. He caught her by her waist tightly and again asked "Answer me damn it!" Anjali felt guilty at her accusation and suddenly hugged him tight "I am sorry Karan. I didn't mean to say that. It's just everything was fine between us these few months and then we fight today. I am really sorry." Karan was taken by surprise. He felt an unimaginable peace having Anjali in his arms. Without thinking, his hands automatically tightened around her waist and he hugged her back. No sound were heard in the room except their breathing and the sound of rain outside. Anjali felt warm and secure in Karan's arms. He smelled her hair and when she got out of his hold, she stared in his eyes. Her hands were still around his neck and his hands were still around her waist. They both were lost looking in each other's eyes. Karan felt at peace after a long time. His body was longing for Anjali's touch in a way he couldn't imagine whereas Anjali was feeling butterflies in her stomach. His touch was creating a havoc in her body.

Slowly she brought her lips close to him and kissed him slowly. Karan didn't responses for few seconds but then he pulled her towards him and kissed her back passionately. They both for fighting for dominance. After both parted their lips due to lack of breath, Karan continued kissing her along her jawline, neck, collar bone. Anjali moaned at this and fisted her fingers in his hair.

Karan again kissed her on her lips and slowly lifted her up in his arms and carried her towards their bed without breaking their kiss. He howered over her and started kissing and touching her body. Anjali was lost in his touches. Her body was burning with desire. She moaned which made Karan's desire more intense. He slowly removed both of their clothes and explored every inch of her body throughout the night.