Part 22

Morning rays fell on Anjali's eyes. She yawned and glanced at the clock on her side table. Seeing the time, she wake up with a jerk. It was 8:30 in the morning and she was still not ready. What will her in laws think of her. It's her first day in her new house. She went into the washroom and took a quick shower and came out wearing shirt and blouse. She thought as Karan was fast asleep, she would quickly wear the saree and get ready.

Karan was sleeping when few droplets of water fell on his face. He sleepily opened his eyes and saw Anjali drying her hair. He instantly became alert and gulped seeing her creamy white waist. She was wearing a maroon colored saree and her mangalsutra was hanging around her neck. After drying and combing the hair, she filled her partition with Vermillion. When she turned, he closed his eyes and pretended to be sleeping. After hearing the closing of the door, he opened his eyes again and sat on his bed.

How can he be gawking at Anjali Everytime when he still loves Vidhya. Even though she was his wife, she was not Vidhya. Frustrated he went to take a shower and get ready.

When Anjali went downstairs, she saw her mother-in-law and father-in-law sitting in the living room. She went there and bowed down to touch their feet and wished them both good morning.

Her in laws both greeted her with a cheerful smile. "Did you slept well dear? I hope you didn't had any difficulty in your new house." Anuradha asked her gently. Anjali smiled at her mother in-law and replied "yes Mom I slept well. Where is Pakhi? She is not visible yet."

At this Sanjay laughed at her and said "Pakhi is still sleeping beta. You got a lazy sister in-law." Anjali chuckled and said "Don't worry Dad she will learn everything when her time will come. Till then let her enjoy her life."

"Mom what shall I make for breakfast today. It's my first day in this house so what sweet shall I make?" Anjali asked Anuradha. Anuradha got impressed hearing her and replied politely "Make anything you are comfortable with dear. But if you want to know then we three have sweet tooth. Me, Pakhi and your dad eats all the types of sweet but your husband is choosy in sweets. He only like carrot halwa, kheer and gulab jamun. So make any one of these and no need to cook from tomorrow beta. We have cook who prepares our daily meals everyday." Anjali smiled and nodded at her and went to kitchen to make kheer and aloo paratha for breakfast. She liked her in laws. They both so pleasant person. Even Pakhi was very nice to her. Only their son was arrogant but she didn't want to think of this and spoil her day.

Anjali was cooking when Karan came downstairs for breakfast in his business suit. Seeing their son in his office attire, Sanjay asked Karan "Are you going to office Karan?" Karan nodded and answered "Yes dad I am meeting a Japanese client today so I will be back in three hours." Anuradha scowled at  Karan and said "Drop Anjali to her parents house for pagphera and have lunch with her family and then bring her home."

Karan got irritated hearing this and was about to object when his father told him "Yes Karan your mom is right. Drop her to her parents house and bring her back with you. This way you will get some time to spend with your in-laws too."

Soon Anjali came along with the food from kitchen. Karan didn't know that Anjali had prepared breakfast. After taking a bite of aloo paratha and kheer, he told their cook "Debu food is really tasty today." Debu smiled and replied him "Baba bhabhiji has made breakfast today. I have just assisting her in the kitchen. So tell her not me."

Karan hesitantly looked at Anjali and said "Food is good Anjali". On this Anjali smiled a little and said him thank you.