Part 19 (Wedding part 1)

Malhotra house and Oberoi Mansion were both filled with their guests. It was Karan and Anjali's engagement today. Anjali was getting ready in her room when her mother came into her room with the hair stylish "Anjali you hair stylist came. Are you girls done with the make up?" Anita asked Anjali and her cousins who were doing make up on her face.

"Yes aunty Anjali Didi's make up is done."
"Ok girls make her wear her lehenga and jewellery after her hair is done and then bring her downstairs in party hall as soon as she is ready. Guests will be arriving in a few minutes." Anita told the girls and went downstairs to welcome the guests.

Karan was sitting on the stage dressed in Royal blue sherwani and looking around the guests in the party hall when his eyes landed on the stairs. Anjali was coming down the stairs dressed in matching Royal blue and golden lehenga. His breath became rapid seeing her. She was looking drop dead gorgeous. His eyes were glued to her until she came and sat besides him on the stage.

Panditiji started the engagement ceremony by chanting the holy mantras and then asked both of them to make each other wear their rings. Anuradha forwarded the ring to Karan and he put it on her ring finger. Then Anita forwarded the ring to Anjali and she put it on Karan's ring finger. Afterwards the family members and guests came to wish the couple.

Next day, it was haldi ceremony in the morning. Anjali was made to sit in the center of the stage on a low stool wearing a yellow saree and floral jewellery. Her parents, friends and relatives applied turmeric paste to her. Similarly Karan was dressed in yellow  kurta and his family, friends and relatives applied haldi to him.