Part 9

As soon as Karan reached their mansion, Shyam opened his car's door and then took  his belongings. Seeing no one in the house, Karan turned back to Shyam and asked "Where is everyone Shyam?"
"Bhaiya Sir and Madam are sitting in the garden and Pakhi Didi has gone to her friend's birthday party."

Hearing this Karan decided to take a shower first as he was very tired from work and then join his parents in the garden.

He walked towards his room and after a long relaxing bath, he changed into his track and t-shirt and went downstairs to garden.

Anuradha and Sanjay were sitting around a round coffee table when Karan greeted them "Good evening Mom. Evening Dad. What are you both talking?"

His mom and dad looked at him and smiled. Anuradha said "Nothing special son just general talks. Me and your dad were waiting for you to come. Are you hungry beta? Dinner is ready."

"Yes Mom I am very hungry today. Let's eat. Due to new staff recruitment today I skipped my lunch."

They all went to dinning room and had their dinner. Afterwards when all three of them were sitting in the living room watching TV, Karan asked his mother "Mom why Pakhi has not come yet from her friend's party?"

"Actually beta she called that all her friend's have decided to stay at her friend Isha's house for night over so she will be coming back tomorrow morning" his mother replied.

Sanjay who was silently watching TV turned his attention towards Karan and thought that it was perfect time now to talk to him regarding Anjali. So he said "Karan I and your mother wanted to talk to you regarding something."

Karan nodded his head at his dad and asked him to continue. Sanjay further said "You remember yesterday we went to our family friend's house for dinner!!!! There we met their daughter Anjali. She is a pediatrician in Miracle Hospital and is very good looking and sweet girl. So your mother and me were considering her for you. What do you think about this beta?"

Hearing his dad, Karan's suspicion of their excited behavior from yesterday got confirmed. They both had known that their family friend had a daughter and with the dinner excuse, both actually went to see and met their daughter. He should have known about it yesterday only. "Dad you know I don't want to marry again. I am happy the way I am and I don't wish to replace Vidhya's position in my life with anyone."

Anuradha knew it would be difficult to make Karan think about another relationship but she was determined to drag her son from his past. She said to Karan "Son we are not asking you to give Vidhya's position to anyone but just make a little space for another person in your life. We want you to come out of your past beta and move on in your life. Vidhya is not coming back and even she will also want you to find your happiness again. Life is too long and lonely  son without  a partner in it. Your dad and I are not getting any younger dear and soon Pakhi will also get married and will be going to leave this house."

Seeing Karan silent,she continued talking "Anjali is a perfect girl for you son. She is beautiful, smart, humble, educated and comes from a good family. She will make a good wife to you Karan. We are not forcing you but just think about it Karan. We really want you to settle down and have your own family."

Sanjay too said supporting his wife "Take your time to think son. Even I have asked Anjali's dad Raman to talk to her regarding this and let us know her opinion in this  matter. We are not forcing you but please don't ignore this relationship."

Karan knew after hearing his parents request that he cannot just dodge this marriage topic this time. So he just nodded his head and went to his room after wishing his parents goodnight.

Lying in his bed, Karan was thinking about Vidhya. Why she came into his life if she was supposed to leave him alone in their journey of marriage. He wished she was alive so he doesn't need to be with anyone else.

It's been two years since Vidhya and their unborn baby departed from this world but he still misses them specially Vidhya. She was Karan's happiness and reason to live. After she died, he was just living for the sake of his family. He immersed himself in his work too deep so her thoughts didn't cross his mind much. Since last year his parents are making him meet different girls and asking him to marry again but every time he just avoided it.

But it seems that this time he couldn't quite ignore their talk. They both were determined to get him married again and they won't stop pestering him until he gives in. He just wished that Anjali would say no to this relationship.