Part 32

Next day Anjali got ready for work and then joined her in-laws for breakfast. She was leaving day after tomorrow for London and want to spend some time with them. She will miss all three of them. They had welcomed her with open arms since day one. But she was going to miss Karan the most. Seeing her silent, Pakhi teased her "What happened Bhabhi? Missing Karanbhai?" Anjali stiffened hearing his name "No actually I was thinking about a surgery I am performing today. It's quite critical" she replied. Anuradha kept her hand on her and said "Don't worry beta. You are very capable and talented Doctor. You will do well" "Yes dear don't worry. Everything will go well" said Sanjay. She smiled at them and left for hospital after the breakfast. 

Karan had not called her or send her a single message since the day he left. As if it was like he was not there in her life at all. Why was she thinking of him when he was clearly not interested in her. Frustrated, she mailed her resignation to the hospital Dean and handed over her patients to other doctors. After that next day she went to meet her parents and spend some time with them. She wanted to engrave every last memory of each member of the family before leaving because she didn't know when will she be able to meet them again. 

After spending a day with her parents, she went to her home. That home which she would be leaving forever within 24 hours. Smiling sadly at the irony of life, she packed her luggage and wrote a letter to both the families saying her final good byes and apologizing for leaving without informing. Next day, she woke up early in the morning before anyone notices her leaving. she had booked a cab last night. Taking a last look at the house, she wiped her tears and sat in the cab and drove off to airport.

Shreya had come to pick-up Anjali from the airport. Seeing her coming out, she ran towards her and hugged her tight. Anjali too hugged her and started crying. Seeing her cry, Shreya wiped her tears and said "Hey girlfriend from now onwards you are living in London with this great personality so don't cry. Welcome to your new life. We will be together again like old times and do lots of fun" Anjali gave her a watery smile hearing this and both the friend's drove towards Shreya's home.

"Welcome to my humble home Your Highness" Shreya bowed dramatically and welcomed Anjali in her condo. It was a beautiful condo with a beach view. Anjali looked around the house in wonder and exclaimed "Wow Shree you are having a nice house here. I will be definitely living here with you" Shreya thanked her and took her to the guest room to get freshen up and rest.

Days went by and Anjali slowly got adapted to this new lifestyle and environment. New job, new people, new country but still the pain and longing in her heart didn't reduced. One day when she was checking her patients, she felt dizzy. The nurse who was assisting her made her sit and gave her a glass of water. "Are you feeling well Doctor?I can call Dr. Stephen is you are not feeling ok?" asked nurse Stella worriedly. Anjali told her "No need Stella. I will myself go and consult with her affter my shift overs". After her OPD timing was over, she went to Gynec Department and got herself checked. She was feeling nauseous and dizzy since last few weeks. Even her period was delayed. She thought it was because of stress but she wanted to confirm it. 

"Congratulations Anjali you are six week pregnant" Dr. Jennifer informed her enthusiastically. Anjali was shocked hearing this. How come she didn't know that she was pregnant. They had not used protection that night. How can they be careless. Thanking her absentmindedly, she went to her new home. as soon as Anjali entered the condo, Shreya asked her "Where were you Anjali? Why are you late today? I am so hungry so hurry up get changed till then i will reheat the food" Anjali just sat on the sofa with a thud without bothering to reply her. Seeing her blank expression, Shreya rushed to her side and asked holding her hands "What happened Anjali? Is everything ok?" not getting any reply from her she asked with a high tone again "God Anjali you are scarring me now. Tell me what happened" Anjali looked at her with tears in her eyes and said in a meek voice "I am pregnant" Shreya was shocked hearing this. After sometime, she asked "Now that you are pregnant Anjali, what will you do? Have you thought about it?" Anjali sighed and said "I don't know Shreya! I just started my new life and now I am having Karan's baby" 

Shreya slowly asked her "Do you want to keep this baby Anjali?" Anjali looked shocked aat her and replied "Of course Shreya, I am keeping the baby. It's not just Karan's baby but mine too. I will nurture this baby with so much love that he won't need anyone in his life. and you too will help me, don't you?" Shreya nodded enthusiastically and said "I will definitely be helping you with this little one. After all I will be his Masi. We will take care of him, don't worry. But now mommy-to-be, you need to take care of yourself and be happy all the time. I will be personally looking to your meals from now own, understood? I don't want my niece/nephew to be born malnourished" Anjali smiled hearing her and nodded her head. Even though, she would miss her family especially Karan in welcoming this little one in this world, she will do everything in her power to give him a good life.