Part 14

Next day Anjali had just completed taking round and checking her indoor patients. The intern who was assisting her said her in a low voice "Mam are you ok? You seem gloomy today." Anjali's mood was not ok since meeting Karan yesterday. He was not what she had expected him. He seemed arrogant, rude and impatient to her.

Signing, she said "yes Garima, I am fine just tired. I slept late yesterday night so am just feeling lethargic. If you don't mind, will you order a cup of coffee for me till then I will go and discharge one of my patients" to which Garima nodded and left to order her coffee.

While drinking coffee in her own cabin, she was thinking what to answer her parents about Karan. She avoided their questions yesterday night and today morning but now she doubted that she wouldn't be able to ignore them anymore. By telling them about the things Karan said to her, she didn't won't to tarnish the friendship between both their  parents. Her parents and Karan's parents met each other after a long time. She didn't want to create a rift between their rekindled relationship.

Frustrated she glanced at her watch and saw that it was time for her to go home. Tired she put her belongings in her handbag and went towards her car.

During dinner, she was eating silently when her father asked her "Dear why are not taking anything your food is almost finished from your plate. Aren't you feeling well?" Anjali don't know how to tell her parents what she was feeling from inside. Instead she said "no Papa I am fine. Just tired from hospital work."

Anita who was waiting to talk to her since morning asked "Anjali beta, what did you and Karan talked yesterday. Did you like him?"

Anjali got uncomfortable hearing her mother. She was trying to avoid this topic since yesterday but now she was confused regarding what to tell her parents. She saw expected look on both their faces. Taking deep breath she replied "it was just formal talks Mamma."

Her father asked "Do you like him dear? Your mother and I liked him very much. You both even look good together. Isn't Anita?" Anita nodded excitedly at this.

"Papa I have not thought about him so just give me some time to think. I don't won't to take any decision in hurry which I will regret in future." Anjali told her parents. Raman and Anita didn't push the matter further and wished her goodnight and went to their room after dinner.