Chapter Fourteen: Her Guardian Demon

Michael was trying to get everything organized for his wedding to Sarah. He then handed a piece of paper to his first victim ever, Father Thomas. Father Thomas was a local priest that had preformed Pauline, and Jason, wedding ceremony. He knew what really happened to the manor.

The good Father tried to exorcise Michael from the manor, and free Jason's soul. It was a long shot, but he had to try. However, Father Thomas had failed. He only knew how to exorcise demons from people. Separating a witch's spirit, form a house, was completely different. An exorcism only worked on Demons, but not on a witch's ghost.

"These are the vows, that you will use, during the ceremony.", Michael told him. Father Thomas was appalled by what Michael wanted from him.

"I refuse to have her recite these vows.", said Father Thomas, "I will not do anything that will compromise this innocent girl. Why do you want me to preform this sham of a wedding? All you have to do is get her to pledge her eternal soul to you. That I will not help you do!'

"I am not compromising anybody, especially her.", Michael replied, "She deserves a beautiful, and romantic wedding. I want it to be special for her. It is just one way, that I can share my love with her."

"There is nothing beautiful, romantic, or loving about this wedding!", exclaimed Father Thomas, "I will never preform this unholy ceremony!"

"You don't have a choice Father!", Michael replied with anger, "I control all of the spirits in this manor, including you. The only one who has be free willing is Sarah!"

"And how do you plan on doing that, Michael?", asked the angry priest.

"THAT! Father!", Michael angrily began "Is none of your concern!"

"Tell me, Michael.", Father Thomas said inquisitively, "You've never before been in my mind. Why is that?"

"Maybe I'm afraid of what I might find.", Michael snarled back at him, "Tell me! Father, are you like some of your brethren? Do you like little girls, or little boys?"

"That is disgusting!", exclaimed Father Thomas, "You can't blame a whole church on a few bad priests. No, I have never done that, and I never would."

"Typical Catholic hypocrisy.", replied Michael, "Just like when you burned witches to death. How many light witches, or non witches were burned at the stake. Or, what about the Spanish Inquisition? How many innocent people died, because of the church? Because of God's so called love?"

"There have been mistakes in the past." Father Thomas responded, "The church has been run by human beings, not God himself, humans are the most fallible of beings. Are you afraid of God, Michael?"

"This is my realm Father, here I am God!", proclaimed Michael. "What has God done for me, or for you for that matter? You a faithful servant of his, have been trapped here for two hundred years! Why hasn't your God, come to save you?"

"God always finds a way to bring his children home.", replied Father Thomas, "All of us will eventually be free of you. Even if you create your void, He will find a way to bring us home to him. As for you, I don't know. I am not God, that is not my decision to make. You are lucky that it's not!" Michael looked at him, and then gave him a sarcastic smile.

"I've always wondered, Father.", Michael began to ask, "How did you know what happened that night?'

"I saw the explosion.", replied Father Thomas.

"I know that's what you've said before.", replied Michael, "And yet I think your hiding some missing information from me. I could go in your mind to find out what is. Just what are you hiding from—"