Chapter Twenty Eight: Conflict And Compromise

"I said let him go Michael!", cried Sarah, "I'm not going to let you kill another person. There's been too many deaths. No more, this ends now!" Sarah had a determined look upon her face. For the first time in her life she found her own inner strength. Michael had a terrified look upon his face. He released his grip on Jonathan, and let him fall to the ground.

"Okay Sarah, I won't kill him", said Michael with fear voice , "Just give me the dagger." Sarah just stared at him with tears in her eyes.

"No!", she cried, "I don't believe you. Don't even think about trying to command me into giving to you! This dagger is already pressed against my skin, just over my heart! If I sense any sort of mind manipulation, from you, it's going right in! Now Michael, do you really want to test to see which one of us will be quicker?"

"Sarah don't do this!", cried Robert, he then turned his attention towards Michael, "Look what you've done to her! Look what you've done to everyone! My daughter's about to kill herself because of you!"

Jason looked at Michael, and was shocked. Michael was actually crying. Jason didn't think it was ever possible. 

"Sarah please don't do this!", cried Michael with tears streaming down his face.

"Why, because it will destroy your precious void?", she asked, "The one you had to create, no matter how many people you had to hurt. You killed your own brother. Then you murdered my aunt and her brother, you blackmailed my uncle, and threatened my father to force me into marrying you. Are all of theses lives really worth it to you? How many people do you have to go through to get what you want? I'd rather no longer exist, then spend eternity with a monster!"

"TO HELL WITH THE VOID!", screamed Michael, "Sarah, it's not even worth having without you! I love you Sarah!  I can't stand the thought of you being wiped from existence! What do you want? Do you want me to expell myself from the manor? If I leave I will revert back to a soul. I'll probably end up in hell. But, If I'm not with you, I'll be in hell anyway. Is that what you want, Sarah?  Do you really hate me?"  He stared at her with more tears in his eyes. Sarah also began to cry.

"YES!", she screamed with tears streaming down her face, "I DO HATE YOU! I hate the way you causally kill innocent people! I even hate what you're doing to those men in the cellar, despite what they did to me! I hate that you tore my family apart! I hate the way you treat those you have enslaved here! I hate what you did to my aunt, and her brother. I hate what you did to your own brother, and his wife! I hate that you took advantage of my own sexual desires! But, do you want to know the one thing, that I hate the most? I hate the fact that I also love you! Despite all of the horrible things you've done, God help me, I really do love you! I've loved you since I first looked at this place. I felt a connection with you! That's why it was so easy to seduce me! And that's why I let you comfort me when I needed it. You have a gentle side, but for some reason you only show it to me!"

"Sarah!", cried Michael, "If you love me we can be happy!"

"It's not that simple!", she replied, "I love you, but I hate you at the same time. I love the gentlemen, but I hate the monster. I'm not spending eternity with a bunch of hapless slaves being bullied by you! And, I could never treat them as servants. If you continue to be a gentlemen, my love for you will only grow. If you continue to be a sadistic monster, it'll be my hatred that grows. I'm not spending eternity like that. But, I would like to spend eternity with the man, who lovingly held me after I was attacked. Do you really want to grant my heart's desire?"

"Sarah!", replied a teary eyed Michael, "I'll grant you whatever you want, I promise!"

"Let them go, Michael!", she demanded, "Let them all go! Jason, my uncle, even the men in the cellar. Just please let them all go. After you set them free, then I will give you the dagger. Then, and only then, can we begin this marriage. I promise I'll be a loving wife, but prove to me why I should be. Please, just set them all free."