Kyles Confession

Delance Fisher
I sit on Kyles lap my head on his chest, arms wrapped around him. He runs his fingers gently up and down my arm sending plesant shivers through my body. "You two look cozy." Antonio snorts ad he walks in with Crystal and Ash.
"Aha. Where's Maddison?" Kyle asks and I press my face into his chest.
"We don't really know." Crystal replies and I sit up so quickly I fall off of Kyles lap.
"What do you mean by that?" I yelp as Kyle picks me up.
"Why are you so worried?" He asks softly and I shake my head.
"It isn't really me who should be worried. Antonio dear use that brain of yours and think for a second. Where are we and who is here?" I say as I lock eyes with him.
His face pales slightly, his eyes widen and he turns, running off yelling, "MADDISON!"
Ash and Crystal sit down opposite us and Crystal snuggles close to Ash. "How does your leg feel?" She asks and I shrug.
"Depends on how I use it. Sometimes theres a stabbing pain but otherwise it's fine. It's been a month since it happened so maybe another couple days till we can make this plan happen." I reply before standing and walking to the window. I lean against the window sill and stare out at the rain dripping down the glass, racing to get to the bottom.
"I can't believe we're doing this. After all the years of suffering. We're finally taking them down." Kyle says quietly and I look back at him. He's staring at the ground with a sad smile on his face. Ash and Crystal were looking at him in confusion.
"Delance we need to talk. You've been telling me so much about you but I've barely said anything about me." Kyle says as he slowly lifts his head to look at me.
I breath in sharply at the sight of the pain in his eyes. They weren't the sparkling grey I love but a dull grey like an angry storm cloud. He stands and I quickly follow him into the room we share. I cautiously sit on the bed and watch as Kyle closes and locks the door before taking off his jumper slowly and letting it drop to the ground. I watch him closely as he turns his back to me and in a clean, swift movement he whips his shirt off. I look at his scars with curious eyes. I do this every time I see him. Even before I began dating him I'd always look at them. At surf comps I'd always seem to look at them. I just never knew why.
Kyle turns to face me and my eyes widen in shock. A long scar made if three lines stretched from his right shoulder to his lower left side. Never had I seen it before yet it was clearly not recent. Slowly I walk over to him and trace the scar lightly. He stands there, still as stone. "Who did this?" I ask, my voice coming out barely a whisper.
"This was how they almost killed me. A three point dagger. I was leading a diving expedition to check out an old underwater mine field. We had to check to see if they were stable of else many people would die if they went off later. The navy wanted to build a top secret navy safe house and experimental facility above it on the water. It was to be the main place for our seal operation which houses over 300 members and would have many scientists also." Kyle began grimly.
"We were in the middle of the mine feild when they suddenly attacked me. Being in the middle of a highly explosive place is the best place to drop a dead body. Nobody would search there." He continues.
"Well except for me. In that exact mine field I've found over 40 dead bodies. I go swimming there to train." I say and Kyle lets out a snort. "Please. Continue." I add.
"However it isn't the best place to kill someone. It took 8 of them to hold me down. Jeremy was the one who had the three bladed knife. He sliced right through the divesuit. I managed to kick him away and the others all let go to grab him before he hit a mine. I swam away. Blood was everywhere but I didn't stop. Luckily I managed to get to the waiting boat. I was lifted aboard and they patched me up. Nobody would believe me when I told them it was Jeremy and the others so I left and came back here to the academy to train for the army. I became a Sniper. I loved it. Then I heard the guy I killed talking to Jeremy over the phone. He said that he planned to kill me the next day and make it look like an attack." Kyle cringes and continues. "The next day I was watching him through my sniper scope. I never ment to kill him. There was an explosion behind me and I jumped, accidentally pulling the trigger. The explosion sounded like the one from the mavy guys making another attempt to kill me. Once again I wasn't believed so I just left. Some nights I can still feel the pain. Still her their snickers. Still see the light draining from the guys eyes. They broke me." He croaks and I look into his face to see his eyes brimmed with tears.
"Oh darling. Shhhhhhh. It's alright. Don't cry." I sooth as I wrap my arms around him and rub his bare back gently.
He hugs me back and I feel a tear fall onto my shoulder. They really did break him. The Kyle Brandon is crying in my arms.
I can't help but shed a tear myself. It breaks my heart to have Kyle like this, so broken and exposed. We stand there holding each other until I slowly lead Kyle over to the bed and get him to lay down. He puts his head on my lap and I run my fingers through his hair. "The won't hurt you again Kyle. I will do anything to make sure of it." I say softly and Kyle looks up at me.
"Anything?" He asks with a cheek grin and I spin amd flip my body around so I'm straddling Kyles waist with my hands on his chest.
"Why do you ask Sharky? Want to play in the ocean?" I whisper as I lean down my face just inches from his and my hair falling either side of his head.
Kyle looks at my in surprise before snickering slightly. "Why you naughty girl."