Boomball In The Amazon

Kyle Brandon
The crate is a lot smaller than I thought and the straw scratches my face making me feel itchy. The sides of the crate brush my sides and it hurts whenever I smack my head into the top or the back. Something moves by my feet and I hear Delance grumble and curse as we go over a bump.
"I can't wait for this to be over." I hiss.
"You and me both." She replies with an unhappy growl.
Suddenly everything stops moving and the boat motor stops. "Unload and be careful." A female yells. I hold my breath as the crate Delance and I are in is lifted and by the sound of the grunts it was with great effort.
We get placed on the ground and I can feel the straw quivering as Delance shook. "Remember the rules. No looking until the boss gets here tomorrow." The females voice from before calls again. The sound of footsteps walking away calmed me slightly. What really helped was Delance slowly and as quietly as she could she moved and sat between my legs, her back pressed against my chest. I wrap my arms around her and hold her close.

Delance Fisher
It's probably because of what happened earlier this morning but my whole body felt flustered by the position Kyle and I were in, even though we've been in much more intimate positions. I could feel his every breath and as I lent back my head I could hear his heart beating. The sound of something prying at the lid of our crate made us stiffen. There's the sound of a gun shot and a cry of pain. Warm liquid drips down onto my arm and I hold a hand over my mouth to stop myself from crying out.
"Did you not hear what I just said? No looking till the boss comes." The female snaps and I frown. The voice sounded the slightest bit familiar but I shake it away.
"I just wanted to have a look. I never get to see any of the merchandise. All I do is lug it around." A male grunts, clearly in pain and I know he's the one who got shot.
There's another gun shot followed by a thud. The guy is dead.
Kyle flinched as others walked closer and dragged the guy away. "Bring out the dogs." The female yells. Clearly she is the superior one of the group.
The sound of barking fills the air and I hold my watch at eye level. "Hope this works." I whisper before tapping the screen.
The dogs walk right past but I hear them linger for a second first. It was working. So far. Dogs begin to go crazy, barking like mad. "The trees. INTRUDER!" The female roars and I hear an outbreak of people yelling and running around.
"You guard the crates. Everyone else, let's go. There has to be more of them." She roars again. The sound of running footsteps grow distant and I slowly pick through the straw, grabbing one of my knives. Just in case.
I take a deep breath before letting out a scream. I hear footsteps getting closer before the loud splintering sound of wood breaking and the hiss of a gator. Bullets fire but I hear them rebounding off metal. There's a dull 'putt' sound and I hear whoever was guarding us fall. Using my knife I crack open the lid of the crate and slowly I stand to see everyone else doing the same. Scales was standing over a half gnawed man in navy uniform, blood covered his nose and stained his teeth. Scales whole body was shielded with a strong metal armor. "Good boy." I chuckle and climb from the crate, Kyle just behind. A trail of blood lead away from our crate and to the river. They must have chucked his body in so whatever lives there can get rid of the evidence.
"Alright everyone. Get the grenades and the boats ready. Candy won't be long." I order.
Everyone pulls bags of the fly grenades from the crates and put them all in a pile. "So that's what you meant by Scales liking the taste of navy. Why didn't you tell me you were bringing him along?" Kyle asks from behind me and I turned my head to look at him.
"I didn't tell anyone." I reply before walking to the boats. They were long and had high power motors on the back.
"Scales. Here boy." I call and Scales leaves his meal and walks over quickly.
"Kyle, Ash, Antonio, can you three help me please." I ask and the three boys walk over cautiously.
"You three need to help me get Scales into the boat. He is very heavy and please... Don't drop him." I say and they nod hesitantly before crouching down to the Scales. The grabbed hold and grunted as the heaved him off the ground. Their faces red and muscles pulsed and strained with his huge weight. Scales stayed completely still. He knew what they were doing. Moving would only make him seem heavier.
Crystal and Maddison walked over and the three of us watched them, chewing our bottom lip. "Damn." Maddison breathed and I nod.
The three looked surprisingly stunning and handsome. Their arms seemed stronger and more muscular. When they got Scales front feet on the large crocodile helped by heaving his body into the boat where he lay calmly on the ground. The three boys looked at us girls and each raised an eyebrow at us. Me, Maddison and Crystal just exchanged a look and giggled. "What?" Ash asks.
"Nothing."
"We just think that maybe..."
"You should lift crocodiles more often." We say with cheeky grins.
"Alright everyone. Get into a boat. Not this one unless you want to end up like him." I call and point to the torn apart navy man and everyone hurries into a boat quickly.
Ash, Antonio, Crystal and Maddison slowly try and inch away but I roll my eyes and step in front of them. "Naha. You four are with me and Kyle in Scales' boat. I need you close. Plus your less likely to die." I say. They sigh and slowly climb into the boat while warily watchind Scales who just ignored them.
Theres a huge, ground shaking explosion and animals shreak. Candy comes racing out of the trees and leaps into a boat. "Go, go, go." I yell and every other boat but our one speeds off.
Slowly I pull out a grenade and loop my finger through the ring. "Kyke start the boat. As soon as I dive into it drive as fast as you can." I say. He eyes me warily but doesn't argue. He starts the motor and gets ready.
"Scales. You ready boy?" I smile and Scales hisses.
I pull the ring and chuck it at the boat, everyone shrieks but they gasp as Scales swings his tail and hits it high into the air. Quickly I run and dive into the boat. Kyle takes off and the grenade explodes. With a slightly crazy laugh I pat Scales on the head and stand up. The others all stare at me oddly.
"What? Scales and I decided to make a new game called Boomball years back. Now watch the fire works." I laugh as I tap my watch a couple times.
After a little wait explosions fill the air and flaming debris flies into the air. I smile slightly as helicopters fly over and drop buckets of water down onto the trees where the base was. "That was strangely and freakishly beautiful." Crystal says. I smile back at them.
"It sure was. Plus... I caught the whole thing on camera so the others can watch when we get back." I sit beside Scales and remove his metal armor so I can pat his scales.
"Good job big guy. Good job." I whisper to him.