♠Why♠

-------~·°·~-------

·°· Why is this so familiar? Bill holds his stomach, a hurtful churning swallows his pride. This is weird. His smile drops instantly. A flood of memories--not belonging to him--taint his vision.

*

Flashback

A brown haired boy enters the room with stars in his eyes as he throws his backpack on the floor next to an identical one.

"Mable, I just had the best day of my life! UFO's are real, and there's one under the town, and I saved Great Uncle Ford's life, and-and-and...Hey are you okay?"he pauses to stare at his sister laying on the bed facing away from him holding something.

"Tell it's not true D̵͎̔̅̃̕i̴̗̟̬̗̦̚p̸̥̣̦͖̻̰̞̍̽̕p̴̯̦̦̣̰̄ḛ̶̹̫̫͕̫̗̀͌̀̕r̷̨̨̝̣̩͚̫̗̱͓͇͈̐̓̌̈́͌̄̐̔̓̌̕͠͝. Tell you were joking."The long brown haired girl faces him with tears in her eyes as she shows him a static noise coming from a black walkie-talkie in her hand.

He gasps as he turns around to look at the walkie-talkie in his bag peeking out.

"Ford's apprentice? Are you seriously..?"

"Look I was thinking and um...this is a huge opportunity for me."he scratches his head to look back at her.

"Well it's a horrible opportunity for me!"she yells with tears burning to leak out. She slips out of bed as the boy felt his heart crack."I had the worst day of my life. When we turn thirteen, and summer ends, and I have to leave everything behind-"

She turns around furious and points at him,"-you're the only person I could count on and now you're leaving me too?"she looks at him with a sad expression.

"Look I've been thinking about it and-she walks away from him as he continues, "-I won't be gone forever okay. I'll still visit you at home and we'll chat online and we'll make it work."

     The girl bends down only to fall down on her knees and look at the paper in her hands,"I don't want it to work."the boy looks at her in surprise."I just wish summer could last forever."she looks at her book containing memories of her adventures.

"But it can't Mable."he brother walks to her and stops just inches apart. He kneels next to her and puts his hand on her shoulder as she stares sadly at the book,"Look things wont stay frozen this way it's part of growing up."he puts his hand in his pocket ashamed and disappointed then looks at his sister with hope. "Things change."

"Summer ends."she looks at him about to burst.

    She turns on her back and sprints out the room her brother falling on his face in surprise at her act. He raises his head and watches her rip the door open,"Wait Mable! I didn't mean it like that!"

The girl picks up her backpack and runs out the door.

He runs to the door after her only to stop knowing he can't catch her,"Mable come back!"