🥀. IX - The Act of Holding

[¢яє∂ιтѕ тσ тнє ¢яєαтσя'ѕ αят ωσяк]

"ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ɢʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜs ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs ᴏғ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴏғ ɪᴛ."

- мαя¢υѕ αυяєℓιυѕ

🥀.

             Zooming through the air, my back slams into the ferry's barrier, and at my touch it completely shatters. I hear a distant call out for my name from Finn as I fly into the forest. I claw the air begging it to stop pulling me away. The twinkling lights of the ferry start to diminish. Shadows wash over making the deep murk become thick fast. The ferry is overun by fog almost claimed by the darkness the farther I travel away. Almost pleading, I reach my arm out. The immediate pinch that shocks through my arm notifying me of a new strained arm makes me flinch, and I almost pull back. But I keep my arm out, "Ah!" I yelp.

           A slick vine wacks curling around my wrist like an untamed snake sinking its pointy teeth into my skin. I squint at the acute needle-liked pain that stabs through my veins. The tense vine pulls back decreasing my speed dramatically. The vine then tugs fiercely forward launching me like a missile back towards the barely lit ferry. The vine sucks out a few drops of black goo from my veins before it completely snaps off. I wave my arms commanding my body to flip in the air once. My feet are pointed out in front of me ready to bounce back barefooted first into the ferry's wall again. I notice a large silhouette wobble far in the distance. It's Iron. The large spot light flickers above illuminating the deck. I can see Bill, and Finn's outlines reaching out of the deck to look for me. I hear them call out something, but I can't tell what it is. The swishing noises of leaves, and branches slapping me as I fly back to the ferry act like a barrier. A void to no noise.

          Maybe I should chop them away.

           I slap away my coat, and reach for my machete. A guest of wind blows as I tap my belt. Oh wait . . . .

           I roll my eyes, how oblivious of me.

           Plan B.

          Wasting no time, I reach out, and wave off the incoming branches that wait for me in front. The wind howls as I watch patiently an empty path of air open up amidst the dark trees. Branches sway to the side, trees curve away, and leaves tear off their stems to make way for me. They bow as if I was royalty, shifting aside while I soar past. The fierce breeze blows next to me. It takes me a bit off course from the path to the ferry.
            It's no problem though.

          With a flick of my wrist I point at the mob of incoming trees. Multiple thick branches come to my aid, and brush me politely to the side. Their acts are careful, and precise aiming me like a dart at the large silhouette, Iron. My eyes act like a telescope, they zoom in on the target in the dark. Just a bit more.