Chapter 2- Street Fight

--------------------

November 13, 2015

2 years. It's been 2 years since the alien invasion on New York City. 2 years since the Avengers were introduced to the word. 2 years since 35H-GQ escaped HYDRA. During this time, the Avengers became well known as the world's saviors; quite natural, considering the number of times they had saved it. First, Captain America AKA Steven Grant Rogers had wiped SHIELD off the map -for hiding HYDRA within its walls- with the help of Natasha Romanoff and Sam Wilson. Then there was an AI machine, Ultron, who had tried to bring about dooms-day by making Sokovia a hot balloon; thankfully the Avengers were able to stop him before he could carry on with his insane plans.

The citizens of the world had grown to love them, but, like they say, you can never please everyone. While there's no denying that the Avengers had saved the world from doom numerous times, they had also left it broken in the posses. Many innocents were killed during their battles-unintentionally, of course- and that gave the angry citizens someone they can blame.

35H-GQ was definitely not one of those "ungrateful cowards", as she often referred to them in her mind. She, for one, knew who the real villain was and who was truly to blame. After the uproar of the attack on New York had died down, 35H-GQ set off to find a new place she could call home. Her new 'home' was at the back of a deserted alley, in a small hole behind a green dumpster. The green dumper stood on front of an abandoned building, and the small hole led to the small dirty room that 35H-GQ used as shelter. In the room, she had a few clothes and food- which she had 'borrowed permanently' from a couple of passersby and shops. There was also a worn-out blanket and a pillow on the floor beside a bunch of books she got from the library. Little as it may be, that was all she had. And she was quite comfortable with that.

Over the last 2 years, 35H-GQ had started educating herself in many fields that should be beyond the understanding of a normal 13 year old. She had read books mostly about mechanical engineering and computer science-both of which she had found extremely interesting-and used the computers in the library to teach herself most of the digit codes used by hackers. 'Might come in handy', she thought as she memorized the complex patterns many adults had failed to even notice.

About a year ago, after many failed attempts, 35H-GQ had finally been able to hack into her favorite celebrity's system, undetected. Tony Stark's AI was a system that recorded everything. As a result, 35H-GQ was able to know everything about him from simply looking through the computer. She saw some of the blueprints Tony had made and was able to learn from them. She saw many of the iron man suits and the devices he made. Most importantly, she saw what happened the night Ultron was made. She knew who made him and she knew who was to blame. It didn't come as much of a surprise to know that it was Tony with help from Bruce Banner, who is better known as the ginormous green monster, the Hulk. She saw how Vision was created and how speechless everyone was when he picked up mjonir.

The more 35H-GQ saw, the more fascinated she became. As she read through the files and watched the videos, she felt closer to the Avengers .She felt as though she knew them better than anyone else. But....they had no idea she even existed, and may never do. Even though Tony saved her in the alien attack, it was more than likely that he forgot who she was. 'He didn't even ask for my name', she vaguely recalled with some disappointment. And as she watched them work hand in hand, she longed for a proper family of her own. Someone who would ask about her. Someone who would get worried if she gets sick. She just wanted someone who would stand by her through thick and thin. But.....she knew better than to hope. So by the end of each day, 35H-GQ would push those thoughts to the very back of her mind, trying to forget they ever exist, convincing herself to let go of the distant dream that seemed so very impossible.