Chapter 30- For Only a Momment

Short chapter, but better than nothing 🙃

--------------------

It had been over a few hours after she woke up that Robin felt energy buzzing through her veins. She had ripped off her bandages and was showing Tony how cold temperatures affected her wounds. She gestured to the huge cut on her left leg and took an ice pack, placing it on the cut. Tony watched in fascination as it slowly started disappearing until the cut was nothing but a faint pink line.

"So the colder the temperature, the quicker it is to heal...?" Tony said trying to understand what Robin was explaining to him.

"Yup! And bigger injuries require colder temperature... you know, that kind of stuff... anyways, I don't really get it myself. Like what if I get stabbed with a hot knife?" Robin asked rhetorically. "How cold am I supposed to go to heal that? And will it even work? See, the whole thing is confusing"

"Ok, you can stop asking yourself that. You're not gonna get stabbed any time soon..." Tony said with a laugh, but stopped too quickly. He sighed and rubbed his face as Robin caught on to his sudden gum attitude.

" What's up..?" She asked softly with a frown. Tony looked at her and raised both eyebrows with a small smile.

"It's about something you said earlier. When you were still.. you know.. drugged and all.." he said tiredly. He seemed to be tired all the time now. Who knew parenting was that hard?

"I swear if it's about robbing the bank, it wasn't my fault!" Robin suddenly said with wide eyes. "I-I was young and I didn't think it would be a big problem-"

 "I-I was young and I didn't think it would be a big problem-"

"Robin, it wasn't about the bank...although you're gonna have to explain this one later" he jabbed his finger at her playfully.

"Tony..." Robin whined.

"Ok, ok

"Ok, ok...sorry." He said with a laugh before pressing his lips together seriously. "You said that you weren't at HYDRA since you were born...you wanted to know why."

"...oh, about that..." she laughed awkwardly, looking down at her lap. She sighed and tilted her head slightly. "I guess it's about time I told you............"

"Robin, look at me." Tony said sternly, grabbing her chin. "If you don't want to tell me, you don't have to... but you have to know that I want what's best for you..and if the truth is all stuffed inside your brain then you need to let it out... Whenever you're ready, I'm all ears"

"...I was sold." Robin whispered so softly, Tony thought he'd imagined it. He frowned deeply, signing for her to continue.

She sighed and started from the beginning. By the time she was done, it felt like the huge weight that had been weighing her down ever since she'd escaped from HYDRA had disappeared. Suddenly, she felt herself getting pulled, and started holding into Tony tightly, wanting all the comfort that he could give her. They stayed like that for a while until Tony let go and looked into Robin's eyes.

"I love you and I'm never letting you go. You are an amazing person and anyone would be lucky to have you." He said firmly with tears blurring his sight.

"I love-" Robin said with a smile before F.r.i.d.a.y. spoke the very words that made her stomach churn.

"Sir, Secretary Ross has entered the building with 20 heavily armed agents."

--------------------

So... dunno...? Do you..?

Love, Zendaya's wife ❤️

September 4, 2019

Word Count: 583

Vote

Comment

Share