Chapter 4- Winter...?

Here you go....

--------------------

November 13, 2015

Slowly 35H-GQ's eyes fluttered open. Her vision was hazy and her head throbbed. When she tried to sit up, pain exploded in her whole body. Weakly-and painfully-she managed to sit up straight and rest her head on a wall. She looked around for a moment, trying to remember where she was. Four boys......that's right. There were four boys. There was also.... a little boy? She was....she was trying to save him and then.......Suddenly it all came back to her. The punches, kicks, and the cash. Oh, the cash.

'Dang my stupid hero complex', she thought ruefully. She sighed and held her head trying to rid of the ever growing headache.

'Migraine, more like', she mentally growled. 'Stupid boys who don't know when to stop', she thought angrily, as she tried to get up.

Suddenly, a picture of a man popped up in her head. She frowned as she tried to remember where she saw him. 'Oh, right. That dream.', she thought as her vision cleared up a bit. That was weird; she barely had dreams anymore. What's more, she felt like the dream was real, like it was a distant memory. As a confused look made its way to her face, she wrapped her arms around herself and let her mind wander a bit.

Who's Winter?

What was that place?

Who were those other.....men?

Suddenly it clicked. She remembered. As she thought, that dream wasn't a dream at all. It was memory. A memory of HYDRA. Of Winter. Oh, right! Winter! How could she forget him!?! Winter, the man who was always there for her. The only one who cared for her and worried about her. The one who acted like the family she never had. The only adult she could trust.

'How could I be so stupid, so selfish, so.... ?!?', she though, frustrated. It was like all her hopes and fantasies about having a family finally came true and she-oh... She suddenly remembered that she had no idea where he was. The first person to actually love her was gone.

 Fresh tears started to form in her eyes and she could feel her heart breaking

Fresh tears started to form in her eyes and she could feel her heart breaking. Soon, she started crying, her tears a waterfall of pain and heart-break. She remembered Winter, Winter's gentle smile, Winter's kind voice, his warm hugs, his concerned eyes, his.......his everything. Every little detail, from the curve of his chin to the twinkle of his blue eyes. She tried to hold in the heart-wrenching sobs to not draw attention, but she couldn't. She cried like never before, but the tears just wouldn't stop. Soon, the tears stopped, and all was left were the dry sobs that racked her frail body. She thought miserably back on the soft and gentle words Winter used to tell her.

"Just take a deep breath....Ok G.....take a breath and look at me." His face flashed in front of her eyes as she thought about him.

As she stopped crying, she tried to get up. She hissed in pain and looked down at her blue-and-purple body. She took of her shirt and began examine her injures. The punches and kicks she received the other day were by no means painless-she had bruises that were turning purple and cuts all over her body. She touched her face and flinched from pain. Even though she couldn't see it, she was pretty sure she had a black eye or something much worse. She sighed and put back her shirt on. She needed bandages. A lot of bandages.

She dug into her pockets, searching for anything that could help her and found a few dollars. She bit her lips worriedly and started walking to a pharmacy. As she started walking, she groaned and held her head, trying to get rid of her headache. She arrived at the pharmacy and quickly made her way to the medical section. She got bandages, rubbing alcohol, and a few Band-Aids.

'The limp will have to wait', she thought as she winced at every step. She got in line for the cashier and tried to focus on anything, but nothing really worked. Her head was killing her and her eyes just won't stay open. When it was finally her turn, the man at the cashier gasped.

"Oh my god, what happened to your face, kid?" The cashier asked, as he looked over her injuries.

"Just a street fight." 35H-GQ said putting everything on the counter. "So how much for this?"

"That'll be 27.63." The cashier said, as he stared at her doubtfully.

35H-GQ dug the cash out of her pockets and counted them. There was barely 5 dollars. She frowned, resigned, and looked up at the cashier.

"I'm sorry." She said and proceeded to punch him really hard and knocking him down.

She quickly grabbed her things and ran out of the store. She tried to keep on running but her bruised and weak body was slowing her down and her headache didn't do much to help either. Suddenly a body collided with her and sent her to the ground. When she tried to get up 2 hands held her down. She looked up and saw the cashier who had a nasty black eye, courtesy of her punch.

"I don't know what your problem is but I'm not gonna let you punch me and get away with it." He said and pulled out his phone. He dialed 911 and looked down at her. "You're going to the cops, kid."

35H-GQ sighed and looked up. She saw a street cat on the sidewalk. The cat stared at her with big blue eyes. Just then she remembered Winter's blue eyes and started to tear up. Tears ran down her cheeks as she remembered Winter. The cat walked closer to her and looked at her with curious eyes.

"You're so cute

"You're so cute.....and you remind me so much of him." 35H-GQ started sobbing as the cashier talked into the phone.

She still felt dizzy but the pain had become numb. She was having a mental breakdown. She looked at the cat with tearful eyes and said.

"You have Winter's eyes. Those big blue eyes.....ha ha ha.....I'm gonna call you Chills from now on......Hey Chills, want to hear a secret?" The cat only stared back at her, so she just told it.

"I'm gonna pass out." Just after she said that, her eyes closed and she lost conscious for the second time that day.

--------------------

Ok so I know this chapter wasn't a lot, but trust me there will be more to come. Today the Avengers Endgame trailer came out, and I'm just soooo exited, I can't wait!!!

Love, Zenedaya's wife ❤️

December 8, 2018

Word Count: 1140

Vote

Comment

Share