2┃Jacob

40-ʏᴇᴀʀ-ᴏʟᴅ CEO, Sᴡᴇᴇᴛʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Cᴏʟᴏɴᴇʟ Bʟɪᴍᴘ

         "So. We haven't been properly introduced." The weird old man in the limo said. "I'm Christopher."

         "Jacob," Jacob replied. They were all in a limo on their way to their house, the place they had to stay during the mission.

Christopher looked at the third companion. She didn't seem to want to be a part of the conversation.

         "Alexa." She said. She glanced at her file once before reading out loud. "Alexa Black.

         "That's your alias. What's your real name?" Chris asked.

         "None of your business," Alexa replied.

         "Well, that's a nice name, Ms Business." Chris joked.

Neither of them replied. But just continued to look at him with blank faces. He should've been their dad instead of a teacher, he already had the jokes part ready.

         "Tough crowd." He muttered. "My alias is Prof. Dunver." He glanced at Jacob.

         "I'm Jason Black."

         "Nice to meet you, brother," Alexa muttered. Jacob had a strong feeling they weren't going to get along well. Alexa was clearly a closed book. He, on the other hand, was an open book. Jacob told himself not to tell her much, cause judging from the way she acted, anything she found out was going to be used against him.

The rest of the ride went by quietly. Alexa was continuously typing on her phone. Chris placed a napkin covering his face and went to sleep, snoring.

Jacob was stuck between two opposites. Alexa was clearly a woman who kept her job first. Chris, on the other hand, seemed to be here for the fun of it.

Jacob tapped his pen on his knee reading through his file one more time. There were so many lines that were blacked out, which made him feel like they were walking in blind. However he trusted Marion and she seemed to trust Alexa, so he decided to trust her as well.

The limo came to a stop on an abandoned road. The partition between the driver and the passengers came down as the driver turned to speak to them.

He had a heavy Indian accent. "You cannot drive a limo to your house. It will attract too much attention. There is a mover truck ahead. They will take you the rest of the way."

         "Right," Alexa said curtly and got out. Jacob shook Chris awake, thanked the driver and got down.

He walked towards the truck, keeping his right hand free in case he would need to grab his gun. Alexa was already seated in the front with the driver. There was only one more place beside her.

         "I'll sit in the back with the furniture," Chris said and got into the back.

Jacob climbed in beside Alexa. He realised that they didn't look very alike. He had grey eyes. She had brown.

         "I've got it under control," Alexa muttered beside him.

         "Excuse me?" He asked.

         "Our different looks." She replied. "I've got it under control."

         "What about your personality," Jacob muttered.

         "Excuse me?" She asked looking up from her phone.

         "You are supposed to be a 17-year-old teenage girl, not a 40-year-old CEO with a big attitude problem." He replied.