12┃Alexa

"Heads up," Alexa said as she shot the ball right into the basket. "Three points."

She wiggled three fingers in Chase's direction. He shook his head and laughed.

         "Still in the lead darling." He said grabbing the basketball and dribbling in front of her. She played along making stupid moves so that he could win.

         "Aw man." She muttered as he shot a basket.

         "Haha. Watch and learn, sweetheart." He said as he walked to his court.

There were guards standing all around us. Almost as if she was playing with the president's son or something. She would know, she's played with not only his son but him too.

         "I can still beat that." She commented grabbing the ball from one of the guards. Just then the timer rang.

         "Shoot," Chase said with fake sympathy. "Looks like your out of time."

She shook her head in disbelief. "You're kidding me. I could have totally won if I had five more minutes."

         "Sure, darling. Sure." Chase said draping his arm over her shoulder. "You totally could."

         "You stink." She said pushing his arm away.

         "Then how about a shower? You could clean me up." He smirked.

         "My brother finds out that you said crap like that to me, he will put a bullet in your brain," Alexa replied crossing her arms.

         "Your brother." He mused. "I think you're more capable of that."

         "Don't underestimate him." She replied. "Also, I wouldn't do that. I might fight back but I wouldn't kill anyone."

Give me a gun right about now, I'll show you how a bullet in the head feels like.

         "So that's no to the shower?" He asked again.

She shook her head chuckling. She walked back towards the lift, Chase following her.

He smirked at her, probably still thinking about the game.

She smiled back.

Oh, what I would give to punch the smirk out of his face.

She slowly opened her eyes to see Christina's face centimetres away from her face. Jacob pulled her back before Alexa broke her nose in reflex.

         "So what's this?" She smiled wiggling a finger in her direction. She was sleeping beside Chase, her head resting on his shoulder.

         "Oh. We just fell asleep watching a movie." Alexa replied getting up.

         "So there is nothing going on?" Christina continued asking.

         "Not yet." She replied.

Not ever, she thought. But she couldn't say that.

         "Yet. See, he is a great guy once you get to know him." Christina said taking a seat at the dining table while Jacob made pancakes.

         "Mhm." She mumbled. " Do you mind if I freshen up in your bathroom?"

         "Sure." She said her mouth full of pancake. "I kept some clothes for you on the bed. Also, holy spirit above, this is the best pancakes I've had."