29┃Chase

"Man, you should have seen the look on her face when I asked her out." Prick stated with an air of superiority. "She looked like had just been blessed by a god."

Chase internally sighed and rolled his eyes. He looked at the bunch of screwups, that he called friends, sitting with him.

        "Chasey?" Jordan waved her hand in front of his face. Jordan was the only girl that his group hung out with casually, and honestly the only one in the group with the least amount of common sense.

        "Ah, leave him alone, Jordan. He's heartbroken." Jasper replied, placing a hand on his heart.

Jordan raised an eyebrow in question. Chase did the same.

        "Well, he obviously noticed that his sister, her boyfriend and his sister are in the club. And he obviously loves her. Since the day she swung that punch and her fist made contact with his face, he knew... that she was the one." He answered like he was talking about a romantic sappy movie.

He looked at the direction jasper was pointing to see Alexa. She was walking away from Christina and Jason and sat down further down the bar.

        "She's alone now. You should go make a move." Jordan nudged at him.

        "I'm doing no such thing. He's being a retard and you're following?" Chase asked her.

        "Hey!" Jasper replied, sounding hurt.

        "I know he can be a retard and a complete fool sometimes, but he's right in this case. It's kind of obvious the way you look at her. And she is hot. So either you make a move, or I will." Jordan replied.

        "Let's completely ignore the fact that y'all just kept dissing me like it's a normal thing," Jasper muttered.

Just then a guy sat down on the chair beside Alexa. He ordered two drinks as he made small talk with her.

Chase looked away. Maybe Jordan and Jasper were right. Maybe he should have made a move. He emptied his glass as his head turned to Alexa's direction automatically.

He blinked when he noticed both of them weren't there anymore. He was about to shrug it off and look away when his eye caught her phone on the ground. He excused himself from the group and made his way to the bar. He picked up the phone.

        "Hello?" A voice called out from the other end.

Chase cut the call as he looked around for Alexa. He saw her being pushed into the bathroom by the man. Chase could feel his blood beginning to boil. He slipped her phone into his pocket and walked into the bathroom.

She was on the ground, unconscious.

        "GET BACK," Chase yelled as the man noticed him. He pushed the guy on the wall and punched him in the ribs followed by kneeing him in the ribs again. The man didn't lose a second before landing a punch on his face. Chase caught hold of his collar and punched him. As he fell on the ground chase jumped on him and punched him left and right. Once the man looked like he could walk away anywhere, Chase picked Alexa up, bridal style, and walked out to Jason.

The second Jason saw Alexa, he looked like he was going to kill him with his bare hands.

        "I didn't do anything," Chase muttered as he pushed her into his arms. "Get her home. I have some work to do."

He turned around to go back to the bathroom, her phone still in his pocket. Chase wasn't someone who would invade another person's privacy.

He decided to give the phone back to her the next time he saw her.

And also ask her who the hell "Jacob" was.

×××

        "How is she feeling?" Chase asked as Jason entered the kitchen.

        "Better." He replied avoiding his eyes.

        "It's not your fault," Chase muttered. Jason looked at him, not saying anything. "I'd blame myself if Christina got hurt. But in all honesty, it wasn't your fault. You couldn't have done anything. Alexa is a strong woman who just wasn't in her head for a while. She'll be fine. You should stop beating yourself up."

        "She called me," Jason muttered as he pulled out orange juice from the fridge. "She called me and I just ignored it as a butt-dial. I think I should beat myself up for at least a while."

Chase didn't reply. She called him?

        "Did you get any sleep last night?" Jason asked as he removed the empty plates in front of Chase and dropped it in the sink. Jason had made him pancakes for breakfast. Chase had crashed on their couch after the club.

Chase shook his head. "You?"

Jason shook his head. "Couldn't. Sat outside Alexa's room in case she woke up." He paused. "I'm going to go up. You want to come and see her?"

Chase nodded as he got up. He followed Jason to her room. He knocked before entering. Alexa was on the bed, covers up to her waist.

        "Jason tells me, it's you that I have to thank." She said as he walked into the room.

Chase didn't reply.

        "Okay seriously. So I almost got raped. Can we get over it now? Geez." She said in annoyance. Jason opened his mouth to speak but she shushed him.

        "Wait..." she held out a hand as she increased the sound of the TV. The news channel was on.

        "A man brutally killed with not one but three gunshots, on the head, chest and leg. The nearby club owner said he didn't hear anything nor did anyone see anything. This man was involved in three murders and seven rape cases. The police are looking out for the person with the gun, but they do look relieved that this maniac has been stopped." The anchor explained.

        "What?" Jason asked confused.

        "That's the guy that..." Chase started.

        "...slipped a pill in my drink." Alexa finished.

✘✘✘13-4-19Hit that vote button!!!!

✘✘✘
13-4-19
Hit that vote button!!!!