37┃The Final Battle pt 2

Alexa

She moved forward and he quickly pulled her into a kiss. Alexa put her arms around his neck as she tried to pull him closer. He did the same, his hands around her waist. Her hands wandered about his hair as he left her mouth and moved to her neck.

Jacob pushed her against the wall and bit her lower lips. Alexa opened her mouth slightly but that was enough. Jacob kissed her like there was no tomorrow.

Which for them was true.

They stopped, Jacob's lips hovering over hers. Their foreheads touching each other.

"We can run," Jacob whispered. "Let's just run away. You were planning on leaving anyway. Let's just do it now."

Alexa didn't reply.

"I love you, Alexa -" He began.

"Jordan," Alexa whispered, her heart hammering as she decided to trust someone. "My name is Jordan."

Jacob smiled. "Jordan. Come with me. We can live a better life elsewhere."

"You know I can't do that. This was my mission. I can't just leave everyone here alone." Alexa argued as she pushed him back.

"You're being stupid. We'll tell them to leave too. Tell them to hide from the agency. Stephen did it well enough." Jacob replied.

"This was stupid," Alexa mumbled. "You love me. What bullshit."

"What?" Jacob took a step back.

"What? You didn't actually think I had feelings for you?" Alexa replied crossing her arms, her heart aching. "I was just...overwhelmed about the whole dying thing."

Alexa shrugged indifferently at Jacob's expression. "So, you're telling me...you've never liked me?"

"Do you want me to print it out on a shirt?" Alexa snapped.

Jacob nodded like he understood. "Okay. Cool. Tell the others that if they are smart they will run and you...well...do whatever the fuck you want." He said, his words spilt like venom. He walked away from her towards the door. Alexa could see him sigh as he calmed down. He turned around. "Bye...Alexa Black. It was good working with you."

Alexa gave him a curt nod. "It was good working with you too, Jason Black."

As Jacob left, a tear fell down Alexa's cheek.

▬▬

"Jonathan," Alexa called as she stood between the two bodyguards. Jonathan had a beer bottle in one hand as he sat in a corner on the bleachers, watching the kids dance on the floor. "Can we talk?"

Jonathan nodded at his bodyguards. Alexa walked and sat down beside him as she rubbed her hands. "Well...you said you knew my whole plan and that you killed my mom right after she told you."

"And?" Jonathan asked.

"Why did you? She could have given you so much more information if you had tortured her." Alexa asked. Jonathan looked at her incredulously.

Alexa chuckled at his expression. "Oh. You thought I cared for my mom. No, no. I despised that woman. She left me on my own since childbirth. She's nothing more to me than a surrogate." 

Jonathan looked away as he asked. "What do you want? You're going to die soon anyway."

"Right about that. I have just recently found out that my agency isn't my real family. They have been ruining my life since the beginning. I've gone through more than any kid should. And even in the end...they made me push away a man I love. Did my mom tell you about that little scene between me and Marion?"