7┃Christopher

"Bᴏᴡ ᴛɪᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴏʟ" and "I ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴀ ᴅᴜᴍᴘ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴏᴏʟ"

Christopher knocked on the door.

         "Come in." A voice replied from inside. He was at Mr Browne's office. He had no idea why he was called in, but he really hoped it wasn't because he had messed up their cover already. That little runt would kill him with just the look.

His fake sister wasn't that great either.

         "I was called?" He asked. The headmaster wasn't a very tall man. Average height, but pretty round. A brunette was sitting in front of him.

         "Yes. Please sit down." Christopher took a seat.

         "This is Alexa Black." He introduced. "She's new."

Gah! A voice screamed in his head. She had dyed her hair brown and was sprawled across her chair.

         "Right. Yes. Hello. I'm new too." He said.

         "Yeah, we don't need to tell everyone." The headmaster cut him.

         "Right. Yes." He tapped his feet continuously on the ground. "Why am I here again?"

He saw from the corner of his eye that Alexa was smirking. It was after the meeting with Marion that Christopher had found out who she actually was. And if the rumours were true, Christopher had every right to shit his pants right then.

         "I hired you to be the counsellor?" Mr Browne said slowly. Alexa rolled her eyes, twirling a pen in her hand. At least they had one thing in common, the nervous energy. He immediately placed a palm on his leg to stop it.

         "Right. Yes." Christopher said, realising he said that three times already. "What do you want me to do?"

         "Well, I have talked to Ms Black and we have decided that she will be taking counselling from you for this week, instead of detention. Only because it is her first day." He turned to her. "And if this continues, I will have no option but to give you detention. And if that continues - "

         " - You will have to suspend me." Alexa finished for him, grumbling. "I know how schools work."

         "Show some respect and sit forward." He said sternly.

         "I showed you all the respect you deserved before you told me and I quote 'it doesn't matter if the girl got beat, you can't hit the son of the man who pays for the infrastructure', after that I still give you the respect you deserve, it's just you don't deserve that much." She replied still sprawled on the chair.

         "You know what? You just lost your first day privileges." Mr Browne said.

         "Oh! Poor me." Alexa muttered sarcastically.

         "Detention for the entire week." He replied. "Now get out."

Alexa got up and walked outside.

         "Why does trouble follow you around like a little puppy that you fed a biscuit?" Christopher heard Jacob say outside the door as she left.

         "Is there anything else?" Christopher asked.

         "Yes." He replied taking off his glasses. "The school board; that is the headmaster, the prefects, our investors and the head admins; we have decided that we need you."

         "What?"

         "Yeah. You have quite the degree. And a lot of our board members have short tempers." He explained.