24┃Christopher

"You look nice." Alexa commented as Chris entered the kitchen.

Chris was gruntled. "I always look nice."

It had been five days since Alexa found out the real reason Chris was on the case. She had apparently already figured out that he wasn't a real agent. Well technically, he was one. Agents had to renew their identity card once every ten years and it had been thirteen years since Chris was on a mission.

      "Date?" She asked as she grabbed a tea bag.

      "Yeah. Clarissa decided to give me another chance." He shrugged.

      "Try not to get her killed." Alexa muttered as she left the kitchen bobbing the tea bag in the cup of water.

Chris pursed his lips. She had decided not to kill him but that didn't stop her from making snide remarks. Chris was fine with that. It took him seven years to finally get over her father's death.

Alexa's father, Jamie, was Chris' mentor. He was seventeen when the undercover mission they were on blew up. Literally.

There was a bomb in the house they were breaking into. Her father realised that something was wrong and asked him to leave the place and scout the outside. Chris followed the orders even though he felt off. Chris didn't get thirty steps from the door when the whole place got blasted to pieces.

Alexa's mom, known as Jane then, blamed him for it. Chris was Jamie's partner. Even though they had an age gap of twelve years, they were the best duo the agency had. Back then, Marion was just a normal secretary working the phones.

After the bomb, Chris left the agency. He no longer wanted anything to do with it. He had no idea that Jane had given four-year-old Alexa away. He had naturally assumed that the mother wouldn't give up her child. Had he known he would have stayed back and brought the child up on his own.

It was only after thirteen years that Marion has called him with news on Alexa. He immediately returned.

Alexa was an absolute beast according to her case files. Her father would have been absolutely proud but Chris wasn't. He had entered that life cause he had no choice. He hated that he wasn't around to prevent Alexa from entering that same life. She was supposed to have a proper life. A normal teenage life, where boyfriends and girlfriends were the biggest problems and parties were the only places people took shots.

      "As hot and restless as that microwave is...it really isn't going to give you any action until unless you make a move." A voice spoke behind him.

Chris turned around. He had been staring at the microwave on the counter without realising it.

      "Alexa told me you had a date?" Jacob said entering. Jacob had avoided every conversation Alexa and Chris had about their past and Chris was grateful for that.

      "Yeah." Chris nodded. "How do I look?"

Jacob sighed. "Chris if I was into older guys, you would definitely be on the top of my list."

      "Ask him which list!" Alexa yelled from the living room.

      "Don't ask me which list." Jacob muttered shaking his head.

      "Whatever. I have to go." Chris said as he walked to the front door. "Don't forget you have an exam tomorrow."

Jacob and Alexa mumbled an 'okay' as Chris closed the door behind him.

He pushed his hands into his jacket pockets and began walking down the streets. The restaurant they had decided to meet was just around the corner.

Chris suddenly stopped. He patted his pant pockets looking for his purse.

      "Aw man." Chris sighed. Clarissa had paid for the coffee, so he had to pay for dinner. It was only right.

Chris turned around and ran back to Alexa's house. His house was much further away, he'd just have to borrow some money from Jacob.

He reached the house and was about to knock on the door when he noticed that it was open.

More specifically, someone had broken in. The lock had been torn out the wood of the door near it.

Chris removed the gun from the back of his jeans and entered the house slowly.

Looks like I won't be able to have sushi tonight. He sighed.

✘✘✘18-2-19||A/N|| - Hello again

✘✘✘
18-2-19
||A/N|| - Hello again. Finally some Christopher action. I will be updating after a while though.
Place a +1 or a heart near your favourite character right now.
Alexa
Jacob
Chris
Marion
Stephen
Jackson

Also who do you hate the most in this book so far?

VOTE AND COMMENT