35┃Jackson

Jacob walked into the living room, took one glance at Jackson and then turned around to leave.

      "Jacob! Wait." Jackson called out, he turned around and raised an eyebrow as Jackson muted the TV. "Can we talk?"

Jacob looked like that was the last thing he wanted but shrugged and sat down anyway.

      "Listen, I know it's weird having me here-"

      "It's not weird." Jacob butted in. "You're here as an agent. Anything that is between you and Alexa, stays between you and Alexa. It has nothing to do with me."

Jackson pressed his lips together. "Right. I just thought since you had feelings for her..."

      "I don't have feelings for her." Jacob corrected as he stared at the muted TV. Pirates of the Caribbean was on. The house was eerily quiet. Chase and Stephen went back to their houses, Chris went out for some coffee and Ryder and Alexa went to get the outfits for the dance.

      "You sure?" Jackson asked, his eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. He could have sworn that there was something in between them.

      "Yep," Jacob said pressing his lips together. "Could you unmute it?" He pointed at the TV. Jackson nodded and increased the sound of the Tv.

Neither of them said another word for the next hour. It was only when Ryder and Alexa came back home, that there was noise in the house other than Captain Jack Sparrow.

Alexa came walked in and dropped on the sofa beside Jacob, her head on his lap. "Save me." She said hoarsely.

      "Alexa, get your ass up, you still have to try it on to see if it fits," Ryder said, placing the dry cleaned packages across the table in front of the TV.

      "I'm not moving from this sofa. I need to sleep!" She exclaimed.

      "Not until you try the dress on," Ryder replied and then began to pull her off the sofa by the leg.

      "Ryder! No! I don't want to hurt you." Alexa low key threatened. Ryder dropped her leg and placed her hands on her hips.

      "Aren't you boys going to do something?" Ryder asked them.

Jackson glanced at Jacob. They both nodded at her, got up, walked to the front door, opened it and then walked out.

      "You runt heads get your asses back here!" Ryder yelled from inside. They kept walking. Suddenly Jackson was being choked. Ryder was pulling his hoodie from the back. He turned around to breathe and was pulled inside the house, Jacob right beside him, also rubbing his neck. Ryder picked up the dry cleaning and pushed one towards him and the other towards Jacob. "Go try it on."

Both of them sighed but neither wanted to poke the already awake dragon. He saw Alexa getting up and following them too. Looked like even she realised that Ryder was a real...

      "Move faster!" Ryder yelled at them as they quickly scrambled up the stairs as he heard her mutter. "Bunch of turtles."

×××

      "You haven't watched the fifth one?" Alexa asked as Jackson shook his head. "I didn't really like it."

      "You remember the first time we watched it?" He asked her. A smile tugged on her lips as she recalled. It was the end of a mission, they were going to take a flight back to the agency the next day and neither of them had watched the movie yet, so they decided to binge-watch the series.