30┃Jacob

Alexa's head snapped in their direction. Jacob and Chase shared a glance.

       "I didn't do it." They both said at the same time. Alexa didn't reply as she read their reactions.

       "Only you saw him, Chase," Alexa said slowly.

Chase shook his head. "I didn't do it. If I did, I wouldn't have let him off that easy with a bullet. There are other ways you can torture a person." Alexa didn't reply. She picked up the remote and switched the television off.

After a while, she shook her head as if she was disagreeing with what she thought. "I'm going to clean myself up. Take a bath. I'll come to talk to you guys in a while."

Chase nodded as he turned to leave. Jacob stood where he was. Alexa had said that Chase was the only one who had seen him. That wasn't true.

       "You saw him too," Jacob stated once Chase left the room.

       "What?" Alexa said getting out of bed.

       "You did it. Didn't you?" Jacob asked.

       "How could I have?" She asked mischievously. "You sat outside my door the entire night. It's not like I could have climbed out the window made it back to the club, seen him beat down and drunk, lying in his own pool of vomit and shot him thrice after cutting out pieces of his body that left him complete agony and very well hidden underneath the clothes which no one would look at other than in an autopsy, which wouldn't be needed since he so clearly died due to the bullets?"

Jacob licked his lips as he tried to figure out an answer. He was impressed but didn't show it.

       "Don't worry. I didn't do it." She assured entering the restroom. "Just playing with you."

Jacob sighed. He couldn't have her getting in trouble for killing people who the agency wouldn't back up in case it came back around to her.

       "I just got someone else to do it." She yelled from inside.

Jacob sighed again, shaking his head. "You're crazy." He yelled back.

She opened the door, her mouth full of toothpaste foam. "I know." She mumbled. "And you love it."

That's when he realised they had completely ignored the scene from the morning. She had leaned in for a kiss and Jacob had sprung away. She was probably just vulnerable and scared. Right?

Vulnerable, my ass. A voice scolded him in his mind.

A knock on the door shut his thoughts up. Chase peeked inside. "I'm leaving. I'll come back in a while. Gotta make sure Christina is fine."

Jacob nodded.

       "Oh, and before I forget," Chase said as he was about to leave. He reached out to his pocket and removed a phone and threw it at Jacob. Jacob caught it to realise it was Alexa's. "She dropped it last night."

Jacob nodded again. He switched on the TV again and began flipping through the channels as Chase left. Jacob could hear the shower on inside Alexa's bathroom so he left and headed to the living room.

       "Hey, buddy." Jacob jumped when he heard Chris.

       "How long have you been sitting there?" He asked as he sat down beside him on the couch.

       "Since Chase left the house. What was he doing here anyway? Did Alexa finally get somewhere with him?"

       "Uhhh." Jacob rattled his brain trying to find an answer. He still hadn't told him about last nights incidents.

Luckily for him, the doorbell rang at that exact time. Jacob leapt out of the couch and opened the door.

And then really hoped he hadn't.

       "Hey man." Jackson greeted standing in front of him. "Alexa at home?"

       "Why are you here?" Jacob asked through gritted teeth.

       "Alexa invited me over. I did my part. She did hers."

       "What?"

       "Alexa asked me to finish off a guy for her. In return, I get to join the mission."

Jacob didn't reply. Alexa wouldn't have done that right? She would have asked Jacob, her partner, before making changes.

Right?

       "But unlike you, I don't have to act like her brother."

       "Who are you going to be?"

       "Her ex-boyfriend that she still has feelings for." He smirked. "The guy that's going to make Chase jealous enough to make a move."

✘✘✘17-4-19Vote and comment

✘✘✘
17-4-19
Vote and comment.