27┃Jacob

"You want to drink?" Jacob asked for the second time, regretting letting Chris into his room.

         "No. That's why I said yes the first time you asked." Chris replied rolling his eyes. He was seated comfortably on Jacob's bed, a pillow between his back and the wall and another under his legs. Chris would make himself comfortable no matter where he is.

         "I just don't get why." Jacob pressed on. Chris threw his hands up in the air as he let his head fall back.

         "Why do you think?" Chris asked. "I'm heartbroken. The woman I love doesn't love me back."

Jacob tapped his pen on the desk. He leaned back on his chair as he looked at his computer. He could either do his assignment ignoring Chris or he could help Chris out and ignore the assignment.

         "Hmm." Jacob hummed, helping him think. "Eh, what the hell."

He dropped his pen and shut his laptop. Chris sat up and swung his legs onto the ground.

         "So?" He asked eagerly.

Jacob turned to face him. "I'll come with you on one condition."

Chris raised an eyebrow. Jacob took a second to rethink if he was going to be mean.

         "You have to shut up about the heartbreak thing. You went on one date! I doubt you even know her last name ⎯" Jacob said.

         "Hart." Chris butted in.

         "⎯ or her real name for that matter." Jacob went on.

         "You don't know Alexa's real name either. Doesn't mean you don't love her." Chris replied.

         "What?" Jacob asked. "I don't love Alexa."

Chris paused for a second. He jumped out of the bed and placed his ears on the door.

         "Chris," Jacob called.

         "Shh." He whispered, jumping back on the bed. "She's coming."

Alexa opened the door. She was wearing a dress that barely made it to her mid thigh and also had a touch of makeup.

         "I'm going out." She told Jacob as she glanced at Chris. "Don't wait up."

         "Where are you going?" Jacob asked.

         "Dressed like that?" Chris butted in again.

Alexa sighed. "You." She said pointing at Jacob. "Are not my boyfriend or a friend. we're colleagues. So do your job and I'll do mine."

         "And you." She said pointing at Chris. "I don't care if my father made you the godfather but you don't have a say in my life."

She nodded once and then slammed the door shut.

         "We'll just follow her." Chris shrugged.

         "DON'T FOLLOW ME OR I'LL CUT YOUR TONGUE OUT!" Alexa yelled from outside.

         "How did she hear me?" Chris mouthed. He held out a finger to ask Jacob not to say anything.

         "Jacob loves you," Chris said. There was no reply from Alexa. "Either she likes you back or she really did just colleague-zone you."

Jacob shook his head as opened his laptop. "Go drink by yourself."

         "I'm kidding!" Chris whined. "Not really. But please come with me. I want to drink and I'm afraid someone might take advantage of me."

         "You're a strong, trained agent," Jacob muttered. "I think you can take on a...well whatever wants to take advantage of you."

         "Fine," Chris muttered. "Be rude."

Chris walked out of the room and banged the door behind him.

Jacob sighed.

         "Chris! I'll come." Jacob yelled.

         "Really?" Chris immediately opened the door.

         "You didn't go anywhere did you?" Jacob muttered.

         "Nope!" Chris replied happily. "I knew you were too nice to let me walk off."

Jacob shook his head as he grabbed his jacket off the hook on the back of his door and followed Christopher down The stairs.

         "The nice ones are always tortured the most." He muttered.

         "I know. Doesn't give much incentive to be nice, does it?" Chris asked.

Jacob didn't bother replying. If there was one thing he knew he would never become, it would be a closed off, rude person.

         "So where are we going?" Jacob asked as he got into Christopher's car.

         "Well..." Chris said starting the car. "I did say that we would be following Alexa."

         "Oh no," Jacob muttered, wondering if he was going to be alive by the end of the night.

✘✘✘
2-4-19
||A/N||- Hope you liked it. Vote and comment!