33┃Alexa

"I thought it was you guys at the door so I answered and then it turned out it wasn't you and then it turned out to be Chase James, Jonathan James's son and I didn't know what to do so I panicked and told him I was your godfather but then I said yours and not Jacob's and then I slipped out that his name was Jacob, not Jason and then he asked a bunch of questions and then Jackson came out his room and said that you had feelings for him and then-" Chris blurted out quickly.

      "Can we come in first?" Alexa asked. They had just rung the doorbell and Chris opened the door with a speech.

Chris paused as if just realising that they were standing outside the house. "Yes." He moved out of the way to reveal Jackson and chase sitting on the couch, playing Mario Kart.

      "No!" Chase yelled as Jackson stood up and dropped the controller on the ground.

      "Controller drop! And that's why you don't challenge the Mario Kart king. Tell him, Alexa." Jackson said. "We used to play all the time and I beat her all the time!" He paused. "And then, later on, she told me a story about how she used to let all her exes win the battles so that they wouldn't feel bad and cry." His eyes turned to her grey ones as it dawned on him. "OH. MY. GODDESS. ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME."

      "What do we do, Alexa? Do I get the hedge clippers? You need to silence him right?" Chris asked, pointing at Chase and then began hyperventilating. "Oh my God. The agency is going to kill me. But no one is going to know about it." His voice slowly reduced into a whisper. "I'm just going to disappear."

      "I can't believe he won!" Chase exclaimed. "I want another match."

      "You're on, mister," Jackson said as he jumped back on the couch.

      "ALRIGHT!" Alexa yelled to get all of their attention. She turned to Chris. "Go make yourself some tea and calm the fuck down."

Jacob helped her remove her coat and removed his as he addressed Chris. "Did you know that Alexa was bisexual?"

      "I think he just dropped the tea," Chris told Alexa as he pointed at Jacob. He, then, pulled Jacob into the kitchen. "You have to tell me everything."

      "Jackson, get out of here." She continued, pointing to the door.

Jackson turned to Chase. "Well. It was fun while it lasted, man. If she lets you live, we'll play another day." , gave him a fistbump, gave Alexa a kiss on the cheek and then left.

      "And then there was one," Chase muttered. "Guess we have to talk, huh?"

Alexa switched the TV off and sat down on the ground, her back against the wall and chase in front of her. "No. There is nothing to talk about. Chris is right. I can't let you go. Sorry, but I don't really have much of a choice. Any questions before...I do what I do."

Chase nodded slowly as he placed the controller down on the sofa beside him. "Yes, I'm pretty sure that what I'm about to say next is going to make sure that you don't kill me."

      "What? It cant be anything I haven't heard before." Alexa shrugged. "Your dad knows where you are or you're wearing an earpiece and someone out there is listening to this entire conversation or...believe it or not a dumbass actually said this... you're the mother to my child."

      "How does that work?" Chase asked confused.

      "It doesn't." She assured.

      "Actually, it's none of the above." Chase as he got up and reached out to his back pocket. Alexa immediately bought her gun out and pointed it at him. "Just a piece of paper."

He used two fingers to pull out a sheet and showed it to her. Alexa glanced at him warily and then took the paper. It was his birth certificate.

His actual name was Chase Rogers. "You were..."

      "In the same orphanage as you, Jordan." He whispered the name.

Alexa's heart hammered in her chest, but like all other unprepared situations, she got it under control.

      "When did you find out?" She asked, her voice steadier than she thought it would be.

      "Today," Chase said sitting back on the couch. "There is something else I have to tell you, since what I just showed wasn't really incentive to keep me alive, more an incentive to kill me."

Alexa raised an eyebrow, wondering what reason he could possibly have that could make her not strangle him with her charger.

      "I was in alpha. I'm an undercover agent. I've been in that family for over seven years building my way up; I can't have you guys screwing it all up in a few weeks."

Alexa didn't reply as she internally groaned,  all her plans will have to change now. But having someone on the inside would help a lot. Alexa sighed.

Just then Chris and Jacob walked in. Jacob jumped down on the armchair, Alexa began to believe that guys didn't know how to sit down properly.

      "So, what did we miss?" Chris asked.

✘✘✘
22-4-19