20┃Jacob

Jacob fumbled for the keys to the house. He could hear Alexa watching the television but he knew she wouldn't get up and open the door. He 4wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand and pushed the door open.

           "Hey." Alexa nodded as a greet. She was sprawled across the sofa in her jammies with a bowl of popcorn in her hand.

Jacob pushed her up and sat down at one end of the sofa, still holding her weight. The minute he let go of her back she fell back, her head on his thighs. He thought of pushing her off and then got too lazy to do it.

           "I asked Christina out," Jacob stated as he grabbed a handful of popcorn. Mr and Mrs Smith was on the screen.

           "I've decided not to turn Stephen in," Alexa replied.

           "What?" Jacob asked confused. It had been ten days since the shooting, Marion being put in the hospital and the interrogation. Alexa was super mad when she came back home. Apparently, he had ruined one of her previous missions.

Jacob had steered clear off her for two days. She looked like she would pull his arms out of his sockets and use it to play baseball.

Even Chris couldn't loosen her up. She was fine before they left and she came back with Jackson, so whatever that little runt had said was what pissed her off.

           "How's Marion?" Jacob asked avoiding the Jackson topic as usual. Ever since Alexa cried in front of him, she completely closed up. More than usual.

           "Still in the hospital." She replied swatting off the popcorn that fell on her face as Jacob grabbed a handful more.

Marion was placed under a medically induced coma. The doctors said that the chances of her surviving at that moment weren't that high. They had suggested pulling the plug, but Alexa wouldn't hear of it. She completely shunned the idea.

           "Wait." She sat up and looked at him. "You asked Christina out?"

           "Yeah," Jacob replied rolling his eyes. "Thanks for paying attention this time."

           "Out where?" She asked moving her legs from the couch to the ground and looking straight ahead. Her lips were pressed into a line.

           "The movies. Today. Thought I'd take her to the new Mission Impossible movie." He shrugged.

           "You dumb?" She asked grimacing. "You're going to slaughter this date. Have you had a girlfriend before?"

           "Yes," Jacob replied. "I have more charisma than you do, Alexa. You shouldn't be giving me advice."

           "Maybe. Maybe you do have more charisma, but you sure as hell don't know how to read women. You take Christina to the M.I movie, she will snore right through the movie. You gotta take her to a romcom or something. I think 'Love Patricia' is out now. Take her to that." Alexa explained.

           "So I can snore through it?" Jacob asked back.

           "You're an agent. Do your job and don't sleep." Alexa replied smugly. She moved her legs back up on the couch and placed his head on his thigh.

The scene in Mr and Mrs Smith where they both try to kill each other in the house was playing.

           "Wish our lives were that easy." Alexa mused as Angelina and Pitt shot at each other.

           "You're watching Tv in your sweatpants and eating popcorn," Jacob stated. Alexa looked up at him.

"I'm stuck with you." Jacob raised an eyebrow.