26┃Alexa

"Shit," Jacob swore as his eyes snapped open. His hair stuck to his face due to the water, so cruelly, poured on him.

         "Get up," Alexa muttered as she placed the water bottle down. "I can't deal with the super couple on my own."

Jacob glanced in the direction she jerked her head towards. Christopher and Clarissa were talking in hushed tones.

         "Is that the librarian from our college?" Jacob asked grabbing Alexa's towel from her bathroom.

         "Yep." Alexa replied popping the 'p'. Alexa walked around the recently bleached hardwood floor ignoring Jacob's questioning looks.

She found it... unsettling... to have someone attack her but have no previous grudge against her. Alexa was confused about her next step. What was she supposed to do? Christopher had already gotten a few junior agents to get rid of the body, called Marion to inform her of the rogue agents and then began talking to Clarissa.

All Alexa had to do was clean up the rooms and reload the guns. Chris cleared his throat as the "happy" couple walked back into the room.

         "So... it turns out... that Clarissa here is from Beta. She was appointed to our case when we failed to inform the higher authorities of our status." He explained.

         "You mean Marion? Don't we inform her of everything?" Jacob asked.

         "Not Marion. He means the founders of the agency. But we don't ever inform them of our missions. I don't understand..." Alexa replied.

Clarissa placed her palm on her chest. "If I may..."

Chris nodded slightly.

         "The guy you're after is one of the most powerful men. He could kill you right under the noses of our founders and they wouldn't be able to do anything. The men just don't want the agency to be brought down to the ground...so if they think that there is even a slight chance that the mission is taking a wrong turn, they will have to clear it off the agency's list." She paused. "Along with all the people attached."

Jacob glanced at Alexa. They both knew exactly what clear off the list meant.

They either had to bring Jonathan James down...or they were going to be killed.

✘✘✘18-3-19Short one

✘✘✘
18-3-19
Short one. I know.
Hope you liked it. Do vote and comment!