3┃Alexa

Kɪʟʟ ᴏʀ Bᴇ Kɪʟʟᴇᴅ

         "GET UP." A voice yelled into Alexa's ear. She immediately felt a rush of cold spreading through her body. She grabbed the gun she had under her pillow and pointed it right ahead as her eyes adjusted to the light.

Jacob stood in front of her bed with the blanket in his hands.

         "What the fuck, man?" Alexa muttered putting the gun back on the bed.

         "We are going to be late for our first day in college if you don't get your ass up." He replied eyeing the gun warily. "By the way, I like what you've done to your hair. Makes you look less threatening. Though not loving the whole 'whipping the gun out at your lovable brother' thing."

         "Get out of my room." Was all she said as she walked into the bathroom. She had cut her hair short and dyed it brown after dinner. He was right, it did make her look less threatening. She walked into the closet and went through her clothes for the next few months. Marion was responsible for the outfits she had to wear when she went undercover. She just hoped that Marion didn't think she needed to wear short skirts since she was going to high school.

Luckily, there were enough ripped jeans. However, the rest of the closet seemed to be covered in pink. Alexa could see Marion grinning as she picked them out. Alexa knew she just had to do the obvious thing; steal a few of Jacob's sweatshirts.

She got ready and went downstairs. Jacob was in the kitchen cooking.

         "Sit down." He said as he placed some weird round circular thing on a plate. He placed the plate and a bottle of maple syrup in front of her.

Alexa grabbed a bite of the circular thing. "What the hell is this?" She asked.

         "It's a pancake?" Jacob replied looking confused. "And you look weird with grey pupils."

Alexa was wearing grey contacts so that their eye colour would match. It wasn't that much of a big deal since the brown colour eyes, he thought she had, was also contacts.

         "Would you rather wear contacts?" She replied. "And it's bland."

         "It's a pancake." He repeated. Alexa shrugged. "You've never had a pancake before?"

She shook her head. It was true. Being undercover kept changing her cuisine but she never actually had a lot of the most basic food.

Jacob studied her face trying to figure out if she was lying. "You're serious." He stated.

         "Try it with the syrup." He said pointing to the bottle. He grabbed his own plate and say down on the table opposite to her.

Alexa poured a little syrup on the pancake and took another bite. She immediately got up and ran to the cupboard under the sink and spit the stuff into the dustbin.

         "Way too sweet." She replied to Jacob's shocked face. He shook his head disappointed.

Alexa sat back down after grabbing a bowl and some milk for cereal. "I'll take you out for dinner tonight. Show you what actual good food tastes like."

         "You would rather have cereal than pancakes. I think I'll pass on what you think is 'good' food." He said.

She shrugged. "Your loss."

He stood up after five minutes to clean the dishes. We made a deal that he would take care of the breakfast dishes and she would do the dinner ones.