8┃Jacob

Iɴ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴜɴᴇʀᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ FBI Hᴇᴀᴅϙᴜᴀʀᴛᴇʀꜱ

Jacob stood outside the headmaster's office eating out of a chips packet. He must have looked like a complete weirdo since there were three girls just staring at him.

Two of the girls seemed to be trying to get the third one to talk to him. They weren't very far away so he could hear everything, which made it awkward. For him, at least.

For a minute he was actually glad Alexa had an attitude. Cause if she was anything like those girls, he couldn't have survived a day in the same house. Just when the girl finally got her courage, the door to the headmaster's office opened.

Alexa walked straight out of it, not bothering to acknowledge him. He walked beside her. He noticed that the girl was walking back to her friends, swearing.

         "Why does trouble follow you around like a little puppy that you fed a biscuit?" He asked Alexa. She shrugged.

         "I was just me." She replied.

         "Fair enough. I guess I should be happy that there aren't any cops around. The last thing we need is for you to get arrested."

         "What makes you think I did something illegal?" She stopped and turned to look at him with her arms crossed.

         "Cause you're Alexa. Or whatever your name is...Vixen." He replied. Her face gave no form of expression. It was so blank, he actually for a second believed that his information may not have been right.

She turned around and continued to walk. "Well. Not bad. You might be useful after all."

He shrugged.

         "I mean not all of us have a way of getting out of prison. Or should I say get-out-of-jail card." She said her eyes glinting with amusement.

He looked straight ahead avoiding her eyes. She had more training than he did so he wasn't that great at having a poker face. Better than the rest of the world perhaps, but not enough that she couldn't read.

         "Okay. So clearly we have a lot to talk about. And some trust to gain." He said.

         "Mhm." She said.

         "And I need to figure out where Ryder's loyalties lie." He went on.

         "I think we know the answer to that question." She muttered as the guy from earlier in the infirmary ran towards us.

         "How'd it go?" He asked her.

         "Detention." She replied.

         "Ah, that's too bad." He commented pushing his hands into his pant pockets. He rocked back and forth on his heels. "You know I could...uh...get into trouble...so we can get detained together." 

         "You know that might have been the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me," Alexa replied.

He chuckled. Jacob cleared his throat.

         "Right. Hey, I'm Stephen." He held his hand out for a handshake.

         "Jason. Alexa's brother." He replied shaking his hand. "You guys a thing?"

         "Haha no." He replied.

         "Not yet." Alexa flirted.

         "O-kay," Jacob said. "Well, I have to go. I have basketball practice today anyway, so I will be here. Text me when you're leaving."