Chapter 21

Marcio's POV

'What the hell is going on?!' I cried out to my wolf. The pain was so excruciating that I hadn't noticed Adrian's absence. 'Adri-' I stopped mid-thought as my body convulsed uncontrollably. I couldn't think.

Then the pain stopped. I looked up and noticed that all four of us were in wolf form; only, I didn't recognize anyone. I mean, I knew who everyone was but they were all in new forms.

I tried to speak through our bonds but I couldn't get through. Suddenly, Heather shifted back into her human form. She looked down at herself in confusion and huffed out a breath of frustration. I went to move towards her but couldn't.

'Why can't I move?' I thought to myself.

'Because this is my body,' spoke a voice.

'Wait, your aren't Adrian! Where did my wolf go?!' I screamed.

'You're right. I'm not your old wolf. I am Sindy's mate, Marth.'

'Why did Adrian leave? What's happened to us all?' I was panicking now, but what else was I meant to do? I finally got my mate and now there is a chance I could lose her because of all of this!

'Heather and Helena are very special. And since they chose you and your brother, you all special too. After completing the mating process, you all have undergone some major changes; both physically and spiritually. Because the twins had to get new wolves, you and your brother had to have wolves that are compatible with your mates'. And the best option was already existing: Jeremiah and myself. We have been with our mates, Jaclyn and Sindy, for millennia waiting for the saviors of all werewolves on earth.' Marth paused.

'So we are those saviors?' I asked.

'Not exactly,' Marth sounded conflicted, then resolved. 'Heather and Helena are the saviors. You and Marcus are their mates. They will need you both to aid in their crusade to cleanse the world of evil.'

'But a world without evil can't exist...'

'Yes, that is true. I should have said to tip the scale back in favor of the good.'

'Okay.'

'You, your brother, Jeremiah and I will have to work hard and train hard in order to help and protect our mates. They are stronger than us right now, but we can work hard and catch up. Are you in?'

'If it means keeping my love safe, then yes. Always,' I said strongly.

'And I will do all that I can to protect Helena!' Marcus spoke into my mind.

'Marcus?! You can hear us? How come I couldn't reach you earlier?!'

'Oh.... Well, Jeremiah is super chill and he didn't really know how to explain everything so we started listening in on everyone's conversations. Luckily, Marth explained it, and very well at that...' Marcus let his words hang there for a moment.

'Ugh!' was all I said.

'What?' Marcus asked concerned.

'We have a lot of training on our plates,' I explained.

'Yeah. I'm glad to see you finally taking something serious after all these years.'

'Yeah, yeah. Whatever,' I chuckled.

'Hey, Marcy...' Marcus began, using my dreaded childhood nickname.

'What, Marc?'

'I knew you were a softie!'

'Shut up!'

We all just laughed mentally.

-----------------

AWWWWW! HE DOES HAVE FEELINGS!! Hehehe. You know it isn't a story without a little bromance!

Hope you enjoyed!

HAPPY LABOR DAY!

Love you all bunches!

~C